1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not a Bug About settings of the time intervals

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by Ra, Sep 19, 2010.

1. Ra

Ra Active Member

The following error occurred:

You must wait at least 4 seconds before performing this action.

--- omg, when I see a "quotes" button... )) aaaa ---

The message arreared when I did a simple thing: pushed "reply" and wrote a 2 words sentence ("we too"). I cannot type professionally, I always look at the keyboard for 70% of the letters.
    Does it mean "the settings are wrong!" either "I'm a superman!"? :D
    It's always boring to be faster than a machine..
  2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Err, I can't say I followed this at all... You hit the flood check, but I don't follow why it wasn't necessarily expected. What did you do before this? (Update your status, post another reply, post on a wall, etc?)
  3. Brandon_R

Brandon_R Guest

Waiting for those 30 seconds to pass between posts makes it feel like an hour. :D
    Ra likes this.
  4. Ra

Ra Active Member

i was talking about the settings - is it normal when an average person stucks posting a message?
    just a notice for the developers
    p.s. i ve been reading and answering posts, nothing special. well, that certainly means i am THE superman)))).
  5. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

All forum software has ACP configurable flood interval.

If you find it too long for your own forum then you can always reduce it.
  6. EQnoble

EQnoble Well-Known Member

@Ra I have noticed that if my browser doesn't respond fast enough and I try to click the submit button again , it will tell me I need to wait...but if I click refresh the page refreshes and my post is there...I don't know if this is related but maybe it will add some breadth to what ever issue you were having. I must admit I still can't picture what you were describing. Can you duplicate it...I would like to see if I can if you can remember the exact steps in order that led up to this. I don't know if the timing is your problem or the event that made you realize you have to wait between X posts and must admit I'm confused.
  7. CurveGotti

CurveGotti Active Member

That happened to me the other day actually I was using the built in mouse on my laptop and must of inadvertantly tapped it so the reply submited already and then I intentionally tried and got the error message I was like wtf, but pressed back and refreshed and my reply was already there. :)