MG 2.2 About Albums

ChrisTERiS

As I seen in ver 2.2.7, now is possible to set a category for albums. That's nice. But I've 2 problems:

1.- Posting an Album in "Your Albums" I can add to album many videos. If I add it in a category for Albums there is no option to add more videos. Only the original. Actually clicking the album opens the video player.

2.- Is there any way (even with a 3nd party mod), to change the auto generated thumbnail with my own photo?

Thank you
Chris

1.- Posting an Album in "Your Albums" I can add to album many videos. If I add it in a category for Albums there is no option to add more videos. Only the original. Actually clicking the album opens the video player.
That's probably down to the category settings or permissions not being set to allow videos.

2.- Is there any way (even with a 3nd party mod), to change the auto generated thumbnail with my own photo?
Sorry for an earlier slightly misleading message... Actually, there is not a way to do this by default for albums. I don't know if there is any add-on that enables this.

That's probably down to the category settings or permissions not being set to allow videos.
I think that my "More Options" is different and most probably is also depending on permissions. Something that I never understood with XF at all, is why Admin does not has by default all options checked. Anyway, that's another story.

Before I wrote "Video" now I seen that is video is a different option. I'm testing with embed videos. Does it makes sense?

1634491825045.webp

Where I can set this limit? In general Attachments option? Also my server configured to support even 5GB videos and it also has disable timelimit.
The file that I'm trying to upload is just 29MB.

1634492957692.png

THIS FIXED !!!!

So...... If I understood well, the screen of category's listing which will includes at least 500 Albums (->TV Series) will looks something like this:

1634535858829.png

and the album's videos (30-100+ episodes), will looks something like this:

1634535992895.png

And now I'm wondering how someone can understand which TV Serie is each folder especially if he is connected with smartphone which as I know mouse over is not working. Same if he wants to watch eg episode 34 from an album of 50 episodes.

Am I missing something (eg even a setting to have the title always visible), or this is the way that XFMG works?

For what I (really) hate myself now is that, I spent 2 full months to create a special thread layout for Movies and TV Series, I also spent a couple of days checking the demo of XFMG and I found it really powerful for my needs (even it has commenting sidebar like FB) and never thought to check if it supports cover image upload :(

1634537209057.webp

Attachments

• 1634537119077.webp
    1634537119077.webp
    62.9 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
You can’t add a custom thumbnail for albums, but you can for the individual media items.

There will be an automatically generated album thumbnail based on the thumbnails of the media items.

You can’t add a custom thumbnail for albums, but you can for the individual media items.

There will be an automatically generated album thumbnail based on the thumbnails of the media items.

At last !!! Even well hidden, it exists and works fine for album's video. It also appears fine as cover in video player.

1634653586329.webp

The problem is that the photo mosaic does not appears in the album. The fact that the album is inside a category and not in my albums, makes any sense? Have cleared cache many time, I also rebuild XFMG: Rebuild album thumbnails but nothing good happen.

1634653908543.webp

Thanks Chris.

That's a bug and I've made a copy of your post in the bug report forum into a new thread (didn't want to move the post or the entire thread).

I'll post a workaround (a code edit) in there.

I'll post a workaround (a code edit) in there.

Thank you Chris. Really appreciate your support. A question if you don't mind, even if I'm almost sure for the reply. As a fast and dirty solution to have a custom thumbnail for album, I thought to upload manually in the web a cover photo. But as it's mosaic, most probably is some js code that builds it and there is no filename that I can use to retrieve it from the web. Am I right?

It's not related to JS but unfortunately there would be a database value to signify whether the album has a thumbnail or not. So the workaround I posted in the bug report would need to be implemented first.

After that the mosaic version of the album thumbnail would be stored in the path similar to:

Code:
data/xfmg/album_thumbnail/0/577-a28b41892c73ba13361f72816d73b268.jpg

577 is the album_id and
0 is the album_id divided by 1000 rounded down and
a28b41892c73ba13361f72816d73b268 is the unique album_hash value

I guess if you can locate the stored thumbnail from the album_id value you can replace the image if that's what you're thinking.

However, as soon as a new item is added to the album it will be overwritten with the mosaic version of the thumbnail again so I don't think this is really a practical solution.

Yes, I do agree. That's why I'm working on another solution. To show the title which identifies the album.

Using this code in extra.less:
CSS:
.itemList-itemOverlay {
    height: 25px !important;
}
.itemInfoRow-status {
    display: none !important;
}
I was able to do this:
1634656425928.webp

Now need to find the path to have this overlay always visible and not only on mouse over.

Top Bottom