Abit windy in the old UK today

x4rl

Found this on reddit

Now we just need all the other junk food places to close now :D
vkQKi7k.jpg

Windy as hell where I live also. School closed down due to some trees falling.

Last edited:
They sure don't make buildings like they use to, eh? Seriously, if all it takes is 1 small open back door, to blow out the whole front wall (glass or not), then maybe that says something about the design.

They sure don't make buildings like they use to, eh? Seriously, if all it takes is 1 small open back door, to blow out the whole front wall (glass or not), then maybe that says something about the design.
Nah it's just a fast food place therefor zero cost on everything.

Bin collection day today where I am... Got fed up of picking up the wheelie bins blowing down the road (n)

Lol same here ive also picked about 200 dam plantpots up.

I've never really got that saying "they sure don't make <insert> like they used to" most probably often than not anything made now is far superior made back in the "good ole days" which is another saying I've never got... 2 world wars, mass genocide "good ole days, seriously? </vent> Sorry :laugh:

The UK uses an out brick skin at a minimum for any building unlike the US where they are mostly wooden. Believe me, I would rather be living in a UK built house when it comes to any form of storm.

The UK uses an out brick skin at a minimum for any building unlike the US where they are mostly wooden. Believe me, I would rather be living in a UK built house when it comes to any form of storm.
And yet a little wind and the whole front wall comes blown out.

My wood frame stands up against class 3 hurricanes and 2 tornado's ... problem?

(I don't see the logic of it either. So don't feel bad)

And yet a little wind and the whole front wall comes blown out.

My wood frame stands up against class 3 hurricanes and 2 tornado's ... problem?
Pressure comes into play, regardless. Brick built buildings (all of the UK) can withstand winds than any wood built building, fact. Scotland had 142mph winds but only roofs were torn off which is understandle but the house structure was intact.

The point is simple, whenever the UK experiences any severe winds the structural integrity of households is never in the news. Our designs for our climate manage to hold up to mother nature. All of our issues stem from trees falling onto our houses.

Your level 15 and resistant to black holes wood frame, can I throw a little bit of petrol and a match against it, do the same against my double bricked wall. The point is there is hardly any wood in my house, only the roof. Your entire house is wood.

Night.

Top Bottom