Abit windy in the old UK today

Here's our local supermarket today (due to high tide, strong winds and planning having total disregard of historical events)

_71556599_newbrighton_creditlaurasteen.jpg

Well the 10 metres is the depth of the dock, other than that no change in the level :D

It's been strong winds here and the airport and cable car were closed but that was it.
Almost got smacked in the face by a wayward seagull when I took my daughter to school :ROFLMAO:

Other than that, no problem really. Had much worse.

Pressure comes into play, regardless. Brick built buildings (all of the UK) can withstand winds than any wood built building, fact. Scotland had 142mph winds but only roofs were torn off which is understandle but the house structure was intact.

The point is simple, whenever the UK experiences any severe winds the structural integrity of households is never in the news.
That's because the news is busy reporting everyone going into panic mode as if its the end of the world, especially if there is a bit of snow.

Apart form the frame and glass are constructed off site (out of metal) and then slotted in the front, usually held in by some sort of silicone.

The brick structure didnt move an inch.
It used to be a big entrance door if I remember rightly, back when it was Club Wow. it was converted into a subway after and the glass front put in.

That's because the news is busy reporting everyone going into panic mode as if its the end of the world, especially if there is a bit of snow.
No, nothing you have said shows any weakness in our brick buildings. I guess I class you as someone who lives in a shed...

Top Bottom