Not planned Ability to prevent Tapatalk from posting in specific forums

Biker

Not sure if this is doable or not, but it would be divine if the ability to block Tapatalk from posting in specific forums was available. As an example, if a forum requires a form to be filled out in order to start a thread, Tapatalk ignores it and cheerfully posts as a normal post. I'd like to see the ability to prevent Tapatalk from starting new threads, but able to reply to existing threads.

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
It's not something that we can prevent. If Tapatalk doesn't enforce the restrictions in its code, we can't force it to.

Mouth

It's not something that we can prevent. If Tapatalk doesn't enforce the restrictions in its code, we can't force it to.
Programmatically, maybe. But as a blanket statement, I disagree. It's your system, just change the rules and/or license for add-on developers saying their add-ons cannot circumvent a sites configured functionality (or similar effect).
Perhaps, you meant not something you want to protect ... which is OK too.

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
Well the original suggestion relates to one third party add-on (tapatalk) not obeying another third party add-on (the forum form functionality).

That being the case, it's not something XF can control as it relates to the interaction between two third party add-ons.

Even then, if it was tapatalk ignoring core permissions for posting in a node, it would still have to be something which would be handled/fixed by tapatalk.

Biker

And I should have looked before I posted. There's now an option to prevent starting new threads within specified forums in the Tapatalk options. :oops: