1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Implemented Ability to Hide "Last Seen"

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by ExpertPixels.com, Jul 26, 2013.

1. ExpertPixels.com

ExpertPixels.com Well-Known Member

Hey all,

Not sure if this has been touched on or not.. And i am sure i could hide it using .css but that would effect everyone's "last seen".. Of late it's been driving me nuts.. People have noticed that i have checked in on my sites i am involved in and as most webmasters / site owners do they check in on their sites whenever they get a chance.. Now this doesn't mean they have time to reply to threads and pm's at that time..

So i was wondering if there could be a small tweak added that would allow for certain usergroups "Admins" and maybe "Moderators" to tick a select box to remove the "Last Seen" from their profiles ?

Say a tick box within the AdminCP ?

Ive just been getting people being annoyed with me that ive been online but haven't replied to their threads or pm's... I do my best to get to everyone !! but sometimes i do like to just check in on my site and make sure firstly it's still running and secondly that no mass spam attack has happened.. I won't let any PM's or threads directed at me go unanswered but sometimes i may be out or busy or even talking with a client and can not provide the support instantly but once they see that ive been online i then seem to be prone to abusive messages and accused of not taking care of my members etc... I am sure other people has experienced this also and anyone that half knows me would understand that i would not intentionally ignore a thread / post or PM directed at me (unless it was spam or of an abusive nature). It's just driving me nuts of late.

I really hope ive not overlooked this (If so i am sorry for wasting your time) and there is actually a option already.. Ive not looked up any addon's but again if this was a core feature it would be best as i try not to reply on 3rd party addon's.

Regards, Darren

2. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Its a user option already: "Show online status."

Screen Shot 2013-07-26 at 1.26.49 AM.png

Amaury and ExpertPixels.com like this.
  3. ExpertPixels.com

ExpertPixels.com Well-Known Member

OMG :(

Wow that was lame.. You wouldn't believe the time i spent in the AdminCP looking for such options.. that is when i thought i will make a suggestion on XF it's seems like a feature that would be useful to some people.. and there you have it right in front of my face lol... I can't even blame being tired, I have no excuse at all for this silly question.

Thanks @King Kovifor you seem to have the answer for everything XF related :p greatly appreciated :)

Regards, Darren