XF 2.1 A way to limit Push Notifications message?

ibrian

Some of my members are complaining that when they opt out of receiving Push Notifications, they can't get rid of the pop-up bar at the bottom of the screen asking if they'd like to receive Push Notifications.

I think the Push Notifications are a great idea and they are working great for me - but is it possible to calm them a little so that once a member decides they don't want them, they won't keep getting nagged automatically about it? :)

Ah - then it sounds like I may have a styling issue that stops the "X" being visible.

I don't suppose you can recall offhand which piece of CSS relates to the colouring of the "X" please? :)

EDIT: Is it the following at the bottom of notices.less?

Code:
        &:hover
        {
            text-decoration: none;
            opacity: 1;
        }

I've added " color: #000;" to that, see if that helps.

Last edited:
I've had the same complaints on one of my forums. From what I can tell is if a members clears their cookies it will ask them about the notifications again the next time they log in.

Well, that is what cookies are for, generally.

If a user wants to clear most of their cookies they should just log out. We deliberately don’t clear this cookie on log out so that their preference of “Never show again” is remembered.

Ah, right - I found the problem. :)

In my theme, this notice - both the background and links for options - were the same colour:

Code:
We strongly recommend enabling push notifications on this device so that you can be kept up-to-date with site activity.
[LIST]
[*]Enable notifications
[*]Ask me another time
[*]Never ask again
[/LIST]

I've therefore added the following to extra.css to correct it:

Code:
.notice.notice--accent a:not(.button--notice) {
    color: #000;
}

Well, that is what cookies are for, generally.

If a user wants to clear most of their cookies they should just log out. We deliberately don’t clear this cookie on log out so that their preference of “Never show again” is remembered.

Is it not possible to store this as a user preference though rather than a cookie? It only affects registered and logged on users after all.

I ask because I too am getting this complaint - people (particularly those using works computers) seem to be getting asked the question each time they visit, despite having opted for "never ask again". Presumably because their cookies have been cleared since their last access to the forums.

Top Bottom