XF 2.1 A user posted a thread and tagged me in it. I am not receiving an alert.

Will Franco

Thread with user tagging me

Image 2020-08-31 at 1.12.02 PM.png

Me, not being altered. Why am I not alerted? "Alert. Alert. Alerted. Decon 2" should show below.

Image 2020-08-31 at 1.12.28 PM.png

There could be various reasons for this.

The user’s permissions could be such that no alerts are sent when they mention users. Another reason could be if the post was edited to add the mention - we only process mention alerts on new posts.

He's got all the alert boxes checked. I tagged him in the second message. Stumped and don't even have a bead on this to debug.

User: Matt Landau's Alerts (all selected)

Image 2020-08-31 at 4.06.22 PM.webp

Thread w/ Matt Landau tagged

Image 2020-08-31 at 4.08.34 PM.webp

Matt's Alerts (not showing)

Image 2020-08-31 at 4.09.55 PM.webp

Attachments

• Image 2020-08-31 at 1.12.02 PM.webp
    Image 2020-08-31 at 1.12.02 PM.webp
    27.9 KB · Views: 0
Probably need to look at "Analyze permissions" in the Admin CP and check the value for "Maximum mention alerts" as if this is set to 0 no alerts will be sent.
I have some users not getting. I analyzed and they are in multiple groups with 0 but Registered is Unlimited. So it says Unlimited is the one in effect. However do you think there might be an issue here and it is honoring 0? Since this was tested with multiple users. And they (presumably) have the alerts on.

PS. Why can't we see their alert setting in acp? If you click Preferences you can't check it.

Probably need to look at "Analyze permissions" in the Admin CP and check the value for "Maximum mention alerts" as if this is set to 0 no alerts will be sent.
Ours is set to 5. But what does that mean exactly? 5 per day? Or a maximum of 5 and the user must mark them as read before that is reset to 0 again?

Users are reporting similar issues here, Maximum mention alerts is set to 5, user is tagging just 1 person. That person has notifications on for mentions.

In his notifications there is only 1 entry that a new reply was made to a thread he is following, no notification about the fact that he has been mentioned in that reply. I verified with the poster and he did not add the mention through editing.

Another reason could be if the post was edited to add the mention - we only process mention alerts on new posts.
Is there any update on this on newer xF2 versions? :)

I thought that was a bug on my xF2 board due to my custom addons.

There are lot of cases where someone adds a mention on post edit, and the alert was never sent, even thought the bbcode parser shows the mention like processed (linkable / profile).

I know that there is User Essentials paid addon, but I ask in case there is something free.

Top Bottom