Lack of interest A suggestion for the code comments...

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Liam W

in memoriam 1998-2020
This isn't really a XenForo suggestion in itself...

I've found myself using newer classes/constants/methods etc. in my addons, as I don't realise they're new.

So, I suggest that a since part is added to the phpdoc of the classes/methods/constants telling us the version of XenForo that it was added.

I know it would be a pain going back and adding it in, so maybe just for new ones now? I realise this is unlikely to be added in to the source, but I thought to suggest it anyway :)

Liam

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
This isn't really a XenForo suggestion in itself...

I've found myself using newer classes/constants/methods etc. in my addons, as I don't realise they're new.

So, I suggest that a since part is added to the phpdoc of the classes/methods/constants telling us the version of XenForo that it was added.

I know it would be a pain going back and adding it in, so maybe just for new ones now? I realise this is unlikely to be added in to the source, but I thought to suggest it anyway :)

Liam
I am impressed that you actively support older versions of XenForo. Kudos to you.

Upgrades are so painless that I am these days really asking people to just be on the latest version. There is no good reason not to be :) They get all the good stuff (can disable it if they don't want it - i.e. proxy system), and simplifies the add-on development.

Another story would be if I could code for PHP 5.5+, but that is battle for some other day.

Top Bottom