Browser issue A single smiley can't be quoted.

Can't replicate it on XenForo's site but they might be ahead(?) like on 2.1.9 (or 2.2 👀👀).

It could be a browser/OS issue. I'm on Chrome version 80.0.3987.132 (Official Build) (64-bit) on Windows 10.

I am on Firefox 74.0 on Windows 8.1

I mean the GIF shows it pretty clear I hope? Maybe it is because of my Adblockers? Don't know.

Because the smiley is a image and you can't highlight just a image to quote it. AFAIK, and not in mobile for sure.

Because it is not just an image alone, it is inbetween text. You can cheat an highlight everything, then just slide the opening selector to the smiley.

I understand but this is unexpected behaviour for me.

I was responding to a user of mine and couldn't quote his smiley response, whereas I could quote the sentence with the smiley.

I would classify it as a bug but maybe this is as intended. Just to be sure I am reporting it, XF team will clarify it I guess.

Since you said it, I checked now and can confirm. On Chrome it works for me aswell.
Still could be a bug or something with XF not having the right properties set for it to work in other browsers. I'm not that tech-savvy about CSS/JS to know, so gotta leave it up to the developers to figure it out for Firefox and if it's something they can even control.

As far as I can tell, this is really just a browser issue. We aren't involved in the activation of the selection process, so Firefox appears to prevent the selection of the image in some scenarios. (Interestingly there are some specific scenarios where this does appear to happen in Chrome as well.)

Top Bottom