A server error occurred. Please try again later.

Jeffin

Just a few hours ago, my forum is showing
A server error occurred. Please try again later.

and when I login to the forum, it shows
Security error occurred. Please press back, refresh the page, and try again.

Any idea what it might be? I haven't changed any settings or installed anything and only I have admin access to the forum. Need help please. My site is www.christianforumsite.com

Jeffin

A site monitoring service reported downtime about 4 hours ago which it says may be caused by the server. But I have two wordpress blogs hosted in the same server and both are running okay. This is what made me think that its specific to the forum.

Jeffin

Okay, I just got into AdminCP and found so many server log errors:

Mysqli prepare error: Table './xxxxxx_xf/xf_session' is marked as crashed and should be repaired1 minute ago - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:77

What does this mean?

Jeffin

Basically, there is an issue with the MySQL database. It's telling you that the xf_session table has crashed.

If you can access the database with phpMyAdmin, you can run a repair on that table.

Thank you Matt. That seems to be the problem. But I have no experience repairing tables.

Right now I have logged in phpMyAdmin and brought up the xf_session table from the the correct database. Now it shows in there #145 - Table './jeffinj_xf/xf_session' is marked as crashed and should be repaired

I can see a few links such as Structure, SQL, Import, Operations. What do I do from here?

MattW

Thank you Matt. That seems to be the problem. But I have no experience repairing tables.

Right now I have logged in phpMyAdmin and brought up the xf_session table from the the correct database. Now it shows in there #145 - Table './jeffinj_xf/xf_session' is marked as crashed and should be repaired

I can see a few links such as Structure, SQL, Import, Operations. What do I do from here?
If you are happy to give me access, I can take a look for you?

Renegade

Exact same thing happened to my forum today. Good that this thread was handy. But this makes me think whether this happens often and with multiple instances?