XF 2.2 A member constantly getting "Oops! We ran into some problems." error

sross

Hi, I'm getting a report from a user:

"About half of the time, when I click to open a thread, and often when I simply try to scroll down the page, I get this banner warning:"

screen-shot-2022-05-14-at-2-48-06-pm-png.305531

I'm not sure they'll be capable of getting into the console to see what is happening. I am wondering if this might be a cloudflare issue? I know a couple claimed it was cloudflare firewall for them, but sadly they did not give any details on what they did to the firewall in order to fix it.

Any help on what to look for would be appreciated. As far as I can see board url setting is ok. I don't seems to have any other reports of this issue from others.

Thanks for any ideas!

The console is the only way of determining the issue.
Thanks Brogan. Does this make any sense to you?

Code:
BackgroundUpdate: _reasonsToNotScheduleUpdates: Failed to check for Maintenance Service Registry Key: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80004001 (NS_ERROR_NOT_IMPLEMENTED) [nsIUpdateProcessor.getServiceRegKeyExists]" nsresult: "0x80004001 (NS_ERROR_NOT_IMPLEMENTED)" location: "JS frame :: resource://gre/modules/BackgroundUpdate.jsm :: _reasonsToNotScheduleUpdates :: line 241" data: no]

@Brogan I see you posted about a similar issue here:

So it seems cloudflare related, but you mentioned:
"You should be able to whitelist whichever rule is being triggered."

Any tips on how to go about that? What I see, various options:

Screen Shot 2022-05-15 at 12.33.11 PM.png

My host seems to think it is related to this:

Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() has deprecated since PHP version 5.4. Refer:: https://stackoverflow.com/questions...ted-get-magic-quotes-gpc-function-alternative == As the domain is now using PHP version 7.4, this function won't work as well as expected I suggest you provide this information to the developer, so he can fix the coding of the website.

So, one of the function "get_magic_quotes_gpc()" seems deprecated in /home/mysite/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/Application.php which looks to be the issue.

So, one of the function "get_magic_quotes_gpc()" seems deprecated in /home/mysite/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/Application.php which looks to be the issue.

That is an XF1 file.
That should not be called in XF2.

Top Bottom