Implemented A "Manager" level of access, as well as "Admin" access.

Trekkan

On other forum software in order to manage various aspects of the software there is pretty much just a "Can Admin: XXXXXX" feature. However, I generally find that I don't want people to have that level of access, but I do want them to be able to access specific features. Also just giving them admin, gives them full access to every forum, etc... when all I really want is for them to have access to a few specific features.

Let's say for instance an arcade, I want some people to be able to add and remove new games, but I really don't want them to be able to reset everyone's scores, view all forums, or otherwise be labeled an "admin" in any way.

I'm not sure how much of this is an individual mod issue or what, but... if there was a level of access that was kind of like a sub-admin, where mod authors could setup commands that were at a "manager" level instead of an admin level, that'd make all mods much easier to assign managers to.

Hopefully I've explained the problem well enough, let me know if I need to be more clear.

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
I believe that's the beauty of XenForo. You don't have that hard line of "Admin" or "not Admin". Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Top Bottom