• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

A list of my likes

yes me too.
On here for example I'd collect the add-ons or tweaks I like instead of doing it offsite in a document.
On other boards users might collect quotes, jokes, links, reviews, research data, videos etc

To be really good a Favourites list would be organisable - tag some as sticky so they stay at top of list.
Editable labels.
Searchable or sortable on the rest.

Why can you just subscribe to a thread using "watch thread" and decline to receive emails? That's what I do and it sounds like that is what is being asked for here, or maybe I'm missing something.

Why can you just subscribe to a thread using "watch thread" and decline to receive emails? That's what I do and it sounds like that is what is being asked for here, or maybe I'm missing something.

Tim (love your pic scrumptious) yes we do have a list of watched threads. But this suggestion is not to do with notifications which is a separate matter.
But many threads are long and then there are certain particularly useful posts buried in them. Having a Personal Library of selected posts has obvious advantages.
For example there are extremely useful posts on this board about workarounds, tips and tricks, a helpful link etc. I copy the link to these posts and keep them in a document. Not to mention add-ons that interest me.
It would be much more appropriate to keep that kind of personal record on the board itself.

I think this is getting a bit away from the original idea of this thread which was based on Likes so I'll suggest it as "Personal Library" separately. Here it is.
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/personal-library-both-threads-and-posts.6015/

Tim (love your pic scrumptious)

Trying to make me blush? :oops:

yes we do have a list of watched threads. But this suggestion is not to do with notifications which is a separate matter.
But many threads are long and then there are certain particularly useful posts buried in them. Having a Personal Library of selected posts has obvious advantages.

I get your point on this and it's actually a fantastic idea. I was stuck on the overall thread itself and not individual posts. I'll have to stay out of conversations so late at night. ;)

Anybody knows if this is already possible, or if a add-on exists?

Top Bottom