1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

A list of my likes

Discussion in 'Add-on Requests [Archive]' started by kkm323, Oct 7, 2010.

1. kkm323

kkm323 Well-Known Member

As a user i would like to have a list of my likes or fav posts

Sylar, Tim and CyberAP like this.
  2. Stuart Wright

Stuart Wright Well-Known Member

3. Shanj

Shanj Well-Known Member

yes me too.
    On here for example I'd collect the add-ons or tweaks I like instead of doing it offsite in a document.
    On other boards users might collect quotes, jokes, links, reviews, research data, videos etc

To be really good a Favourites list would be organisable - tag some as sticky so they stay at top of list.
    Editable labels.
    Searchable or sortable on the rest.

Digital Doctor likes this.
  4. Dismal Shadow

Dismal Shadow Active Member

You mean likes you have given?

5. Shanj

Shanj Well-Known Member

Actually I think this needs to be another link next to Likes = "Save"

Like means just I like it, but I don't necessarily mean I want to add it to my personal library of posts.

6. Dismal Shadow

Dismal Shadow Active Member

7. Shanj

Shanj Well-Known Member

8. Tim

Tim Active Member

Why can you just subscribe to a thread using "watch thread" and decline to receive emails? That's what I do and it sounds like that is what is being asked for here, or maybe I'm missing something.

9. Shanj

Shanj Well-Known Member

Tim (love your pic scrumptious) yes we do have a list of watched threads. But this suggestion is not to do with notifications which is a separate matter.
    But many threads are long and then there are certain particularly useful posts buried in them. Having a Personal Library of selected posts has obvious advantages.
    For example there are extremely useful posts on this board about workarounds, tips and tricks, a helpful link etc. I copy the link to these posts and keep them in a document. Not to mention add-ons that interest me.
    It would be much more appropriate to keep that kind of personal record on the board itself.

I think this is getting a bit away from the original idea of this thread which was based on Likes so I'll suggest it as "Personal Library" separately. Here it is.
    http://xenforo.com/community/threads/personal-library-both-threads-and-posts.6015/

10. Tim

Tim Active Member

Trying to make me blush? :oops:

I get your point on this and it's actually a fantastic idea. I was stuck on the overall thread itself and not individual posts. I'll have to stay out of conversations so late at night. ;)

11. kkm323

kkm323 Well-Known Member

i meant a library of what you liked

12. Shanj

Shanj Well-Known Member

Sure kkm323 don't worry that's why I started another thread for my suggestion which was inspired by you (and I said so!) but is also different.

13. ragtek

ragtek Guest

Anybody knows if this is already possible, or if a add-on exists?

14. kkm323

kkm323 Well-Known Member

so far nothing

15. kkm323

kkm323 Well-Known Member