A few questions.

Kaiser

Im on beta 3, so say when the latest version is out, and I upgrade will I be unable to use the theme that I was using before the upgrade? So in other words will my beta 3 theme be unable to be used when my forum is say beta4 after the upgrade? Like will there be any errors?

If a theme developer releases a newer version of the theme I am using, and I upgrade will it overwrite everything so like will I have to re modify the templates again to add the custom changes I made, so in other words will the theme go back to its default look when I update it?

Thanks.

There may be changes between releases.
With regards to the style, that is probably likely as there is still some work to be done in converting all of the css to the style properties system.
Not to mention other little tweaks and changes which may be made.

It is up to the various style authors to ensure their styles are updated to work with new releases.
In their absence you can also update the style yourself, if required.

Any outdated templates will require any custom edits to be made to the new versions again.
My advice is to keep a log of all template edits you have made, in addition to the style you are using, so you can quickly and easily apply them again.

It really depends on how much the theme is modified as to whether it will work between betas. That's one reason the design houses aren't putting out custom skins yet.

As to the second part of the question, that needs to be asked in the support thread for the theme you are using.

There may be changes between releases.
With regards to the style, that is probably likely as there is still some work to be done in converting all of the css to the style properties system.
Not to mention other little tweaks and changes which may be made.

It is up to the various style authors to ensure their styles are updated to work with new releases.
In their absence you can also update the style yourself, if required.

Any outdated templates will require any custom edits to be made to the new versions again.
My advice is to keep a log of all template edits you have made, in addition to the style you are using, so you can quickly and easily apply them again.
Thanks. One more question so when I update the software, the theme wont be touched right? So I just have to manually update the templates right? And is it hard to update the themes by yourself?

Top Bottom