A Few Questions

Axsel

I have an IPB forum currently and I'm looking to either switch to XF or wait for IPB4. I'm switching for UI changes, as most users I talk to (not only on my forums but on various) like the XF UI and usability more than IPB 3.

My first question is: is this software being updated anymore? The last update looks like it was in January and it appears that the entire community is run off of add-ons instead of official features. That scares me a little because I'm used to the centrailty of IPB.

Second, does Xen offer the extensibility of IPB? How is its "resource manager" compared to IPB's IP content?

Lastly, is it easy for me to implement my Xen login system with other applications? I build CMS(s?) using Java, and would like to know if there is a way to bridge logins between xen and other sites like IPS Connect can.

The last update to XenForo was released a little over 2 weeks ago. It is in active development.

The resource manager is not designed to be a content manager like IP.Content, but it can house articles.

There are a few add-ons that create bridges, but I haven't seen one in Java. If you can program in both languages, I'm sure it can be accomplished.

Top Bottom