XF 1.1 A few questions!

phaze3131

Hey guys, got a few questions that need answers.

How do I prevent forum guest from viewing forum member signatures, profile post, home page and signature? They can view profile but not the information mentioned.

When I view a few profile as guest I get an error page and says 'This member limits who may view their full profile.' but other profiles can be viewed normally. Why is this? How can I fix this?

I have a few error pages, how do I find all of them and redirect to the homepage?

Lastly, I'd like to edit a few addons. Where do I find addon codes?

Last edited:
There is a setting to make signatures not visible to guests - Options -> Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
There is a permission to restrict profile pages to guests - View user profiles

Profiles can be restricted based on the user preference set here: http://xenforo.com/community/account/privacy
You can't override that as it is a user setting.

You can't for some of them as they are just be done as a responseMessage, which doesn't have a wrapper.

Ask in the add-on discussion threads - the respective developers will be able to assist.

There is a setting to make signatures not visible to guests - Options -> Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)

Profiles can be restricted based on the user preference set here: http://xenforo.com/community/account/privacy

You can't for some of them as they are just be done as a responseMessage, which doesn't have a wrapper.

Ask in the add-on discussion threads - the respective developers will be able to assist.

Answered all my question!

Thanks!

Last question, if a user changed its privacy to members only it says error to guest.

"Forum Name - Error
This member limits who may view their full profile."

Can I change the error message to something else? I don't want it to say 'error'.

Last question, if a user changed its privacy to members only it says error to guest.

"Forum Name - Error
This member limits who may view their full profile."

Can I change the error message to something else? I don't want it to say 'error'.
That is controlled by the error template.

The H1 pulls the board title and the error phrase
Code:
<xen:h1>{$xenOptions.boardTitle} - {xen:phrase error}</xen:h1>

It's then using the phrase : member_limits_viewing_profile for the specific message.

To change the overlay to not display Forum Name - Error, you'd need to edit the template and use a different phrase.

Top Bottom