A few queries

wat3v3r

I'm currently using vb 4.2.0 and I am interested in converting our board to xen in the near future. But I was wondering if someone would clear these pre sale queries:

• Does the Usergroup/Forum permissions remain?
  • What happens to CMS/Blog pages during the import?
  • Does Xenforo has a blog addon ?
  • Easy to create custom pages ? (Yes I know HTML/CSS)
  • Doess xen have the StopForumSpam addon?
  • Is it easy to customize skins here as it was a pain in vb4 and we run highly customized skins.
  • Does the elastic search addon covers unicode characters (Japanese/Korean)?
  • Lastly any addon to hide links/hyperlinks from guests ? (forcing them to register to view them)
Would be great to have these cleared before I buy anything.

I'm currently using vb 4.2.0 and I am interested in converting our board to xen in the near future. But I was wondering if someone would clear these pre sale queries:

• Does the Usergroup/Forum permissions remain?
  • What happens to CMS/Blog pages during the import?
  • Does Xenforo has a blog addon ?
  • Easy to create custom pages ? (Yes I know HTML/CSS)
  • Doess xen have the StopForumSpam addon?
  • Is it easy to customize skins here as it was a pain in vb4 and we run highly customized skins.
  • Does the elastic search addon covers unicode characters (Japanese/Korean)?
  • Lastly any addon to hide links/hyperlinks from guests ? (forcing them to register to view them)
Would be great to have these cleared before I buy anything.

The permissions are transfered

The CMS and Blog pages are re-created as a new forum and topics

Yes, http://xenforo.com/community/resources/xi-blog.713/

Yes, easily done in Applications > New Node > Page

Addons are able to provide this.

Very easy. Most skin designers seem to love the system.

Not by default, however Korean and Japanese analysers are available on github.

Not that I am aware.

I can answer a few of those.

- It is painfully easy to style for XF. It's what I regard as the best styling system from the paid products and a joy to work with. You will be happy with it.
- Again pages are easy to create and you know html/css so this won't be an issue for you.
- there are a couple of blog add-ons by 3rd party developers you can view those in the Resource manager (tab at the top)
- stop forum spam i think is this one? http://xenforo.com/community/resour...e-stop-forum-spam-api.1092/update?update=2541

I'll second Shelley on the styling question. I hate styling forums and am crap at it, but found that Xenforo was easy to do even for a novice. I changed very little on vB but on XF I changed the looks quite a lot from stock and it was even quite good fun to do. Best of all you can restyle on a test install then export it out for your live site when you switch over for real.

And yes on attachments, or at least that was the case with vB3, all images and attachments came over (unlike a test conversion to IPB3, which Pete Tonged them).

Top Bottom