A better Firefox Browser

Adam Howard

So I've heard a lot about how people use to love Firefox, but can agree the latest copies of Firefox are slower and use more resources. Firefox also does not yet have a 64bit version.

To this I say, Water Fox (Waterfox).

http://waterfoxproj.sourceforge.net/

Faster, uses less resources, 64bit support, and works with all your normal Firefox add-ons.

I've only just heard about Waterfox the past week or so myself, and looking forward to giving it a try when I have a couple hours to get acquainted with it.

I've gotten so used to Chrome since leaving FF that I'm not sure it's worth bothering with...lol

the first question is whether Firebug works with it since that's the only reason I crank up FF anymore.

I think WaterFox will soothe the people who feel burned by FireFox.
IMO.
The major exception to this rule is don't use WaterFox when you have the GreaseMonkey addon installed.
Waterfox will just spread the Fire. You'll need BakingSodaFox. IMO.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

the first question is whether Firebug works with it since that's the only reason I crank up FF anymore.

Firebug is no longer necessary and has stopped being developed.

There is a built in inspection tool now.

FFQ.webp

Yea. I like Chrome now.
I do miss the Firefox Awesome bar.
I could find URLs that I haven't visited for 9 months in 3 seconds - just remember a few words in the thread title or the page name. Worked soooooo well.
Not the same in Chrome.

I've gotten so used to Chrome since leaving FF that I'm not sure it's worth bothering with...lol

YES and faster & easier loading too

The last 3-4 versions of Firefox have been buggy for me... lots of freezing and crashing. I don't have any speed complaints, though.

I switched to Opera years ago back when Opera was a competitive browser in terms of innovation and usability. I've settled with Safari for its speed, simpleness, and appearance. Chrome is good too in those areas, but I wasn't impressed by Firefox when I gave it another try a year or so ago. They seem to like changing things around just to be different and its fans over praise it in its abilities.

I doubt Waterfox would change anything for me, but thanks for revealing its existence.

I switched to Chrome a little over a year ago when FireFox got slow and bloated. Never looked back and the only reason I load FF (like IE) is to check website rendering. There's just no reason to even try anything else at this point, at least for me.

Reducing the number of ways by which Google tracks your online habits is one good reason.

As long as it's anon, I really don't care. Most of what I do online bores the hell out of me, I can't imagine anyone else is overly interested.

Waterfox requires Vista or newer.
I think it just needs to be a x64 (64 bit not 32 like the standard editions) version of windows 7 vista or XP

Firebug is no longer necessary and has stopped being developed.
There is a built in inspection tool now.

That's unfortunate to hear..I have nothing against the built in tool, but firebug has helped me a bunch and I would like to continue to be able to use it, I have both on the right click menu right now but I pretty much always choose firebug :-/

I am going to try out waterfox though...I hadn't tried yet but will today for sure.

Nope. I tried to install it and got that message - Vista or higher. No thank you!

I went and got a load of personas skins) for my ff which I love so no problem for me. ff10 is good anyway.

Top Bottom