[8WR] XenUtiles (Spam)

[8WR] XenUtiles (Spam) 1.0.2

No permission to download
yes ,only signature !

you can follow this guide to to stop spam on your community >> https://xenforo.com/community/resources/block-spam-completely-with-no-addons.4065/
Unfortunately, I dont like that method of blocking spammers. By blocking spammers from posting URLs in their signature/location fields, you're requiring them to actually post trash on your forums before they can post spam. Most spammers on my forums are not bots, so they have no compunction against posting trash. Even if they are bots, by not allowing them to post URLs, they are staying hidden longer... their accounts are still in your system.

By allowing them to post URLs in their signature/location fields, they are putting up easy to catch red flags. And by using this addon I made, its very easy to search for those flags. Not only is there not spam on my forums, but the spammers account is deleted too. This addon searches account information (homepage, location, signature, etc), and profile posts. It does not search normal forum posts.

Unfortunately, I dont like that method of blocking spammers. By blocking spammers from posting URLs in their signature/location fields, you're requiring them to actually post trash on your forums before they can post spam. Most spammers on my forums are not bots, so they have no compunction against posting trash. Even if they are bots, by not allowing them to post URLs, they are staying hidden longer... their accounts are still in your system.

By allowing them to post URLs in their signature/location fields, they are putting up easy to catch red flags. And by using this addon I made, its very easy to search for those flags. Not only is there not spam on my forums, but the spammers account is deleted too. This addon searches account information (homepage, location, signature, etc), and profile posts. It does not search normal forum posts.

So what do you want to do, we usually get 4-5 (what I assume is bots) typing **** like the image earlier.

Getting this error when trying to upgrade: Callback EWRutiles_Spam_Listener_Controller::controller is invalid (Invalid Class).

Does anyone know how to fix this?

@Etal : this sound like a bad upload. upload the contents of 'upload' folder to your root forum instalation.

Salud2

Top Bottom