[8WR] XenUtiles (Sitemap)

[8WR] XenUtiles (Sitemap) 1.0.2

No permission to download
Its not supposed to... If you created a directory called "sitemap", delete it.

mmmhhhh...

maybe I am missing here something, but in this whole support thread, always when a user reported errors with this addon regarding the location for the sitemap, you insisted that it would be located in www.mydomian.com/sitemap.

Could you please explain me, why the sitemap should be there, if your script does even not create a directory called with that name? How can it work, if this folder even does not exist by purpose?

How is this then supposed to work? Please clarify.

Could you please explain me, why the sitemap should be there, if your script does even not create a directory called with that name? How can it work, if this folder even does not exist by purpose?
XenForo doesn't create a directory at "/members" either, but that still works. Its the XenForo routing system.

Forget it. Rigel's sitemap tool does not work with large boards on shared servers. It is coded in a way so that you have after a few seconds a time out because his script just takes too much RAM (I have 100 MB RAM with 30 seconds CPU time). So we have to get this addon here working!

I just installed it and tried to run the cron manually. It gives me within 5 seconds a success message. If I look on the server, I can see in the /data/sitemap folder 7 different xml files.

if I type in my browser www.mydomain.com/sitemap it just gives me a blank screen. No messages at all.

On the server there is no directory of "sitemap" on the root level, by the way. Only within the data directory and this is not called sitemap, it is called sitemaps.

If I put this in my browser: www.mydomain.com/data/sitemaps

I get an error:

I changed the data directory and the sitemaps directory incl. all files to 777 by the way.

So what now?

ok, so i had a similar problem to snoopy5, but i managed to figure it out. what's happening is that for people that had rigel's sitemap generator installed, and switched to this one, there's a conflict between the route filter of jaxel's plugin and the folder 'sitemap' that get's left over by rigel's plugin.

so... these steps may vary for you depending on your setup, but what i did was un-install this plugin, re-install rigel's plugin, then un-install rigel's plugin, then install jaxel's plugin. i still had a 'sitemap' folder leftover from rigel's plugin, so the conflict was still occurring until i deleted it. you might have wildly different folder permissions than i do, but i had to login via ssh and delete the folder using sudo. after the sitemap folder is gone, i went to mydomain.com/sitemap and the list of sitemaps appeared as they should (and i was able to validate them in google webmaster tools).

just thought i would post what worked for me in case it helps anyone.

ok, so i had a similar problem to snoopy5, but i managed to figure it out. what's happening is that for people that had rigel's sitemap generator installed, and switched to this one, there's a conflict between the route filter of jaxel's plugin and the folder 'sitemap' that get's left over by rigel's plugin.

so... these steps may vary for you depending on your setup, but what i did was un-install this plugin, re-install rigel's plugin, then un-install rigel's plugin, then install jaxel's plugin. i still had a 'sitemap' folder leftover from rigel's plugin, so the conflict was still occurring until i deleted it. you might have wildly different folder permissions than i do, but i had to login via ssh and delete the folder using sudo. after the sitemap folder is gone, i went to mydomain.com/sitemap and the list of sitemaps appeared as they should (and i was able to validate them in google webmaster tools).

just thought i would post what worked for me in case it helps anyone.

I have never spent so much time trying to get an add on to work. Your note was just what I needed to get this working. Many thanks.

I did the following:
- uninstalled rigel's plugin
- deleted /sitemap folder and its contents from /mydomain.com/sitemap
- installed jaxel's plugin
- set the options (google, bing, compress using gzip, etc.)
- I went to the cron and ran the job. Says cron job ran successfully.
Results:
- I do not see a sitemap folder. Is it now located somewhere else? To the best of my knowledge it did not generate a sitemap unless it is hiding somewhere.
- Hey, wait a minute, IT WORKS. My robots.txt now points to
http://www.amphicar770.com/data/sitemaps/forums_1.xml.gz Sure enough, it has generated the files.

I have never spent so much time trying to get an add on to work. Your note was just what I needed to get this working. Many thanks.

I did the following:
- uninstalled rigel's plugin
- deleted /sitemap folder and its contents from /mydomain.com/sitemap
- installed jaxel's plugin
- set the options (google, bing, compress using gzip, etc.)
- I went to the cron and ran the job. Says cron job ran successfully.
Results:
- I do not see a sitemap folder. Is it now located somewhere else? To the best of my knowledge it did not generate a sitemap unless it is hiding somewhere.
- Hey, wait a minute, IT WORKS. My robots.txt now points to
http://www.amphicar770.com/data/sitemaps/forums_1.xml.gz Sure enough, it has generated the files.

you're welcome. it's just important to remember that jaxel's sitemap plugin does not put a 'sitemap' folder in your root. it just doesn't. what it does do is a virtual redirection, somewhat similar to apache's mod_rewrite (sorry if that sounds dumb, im not a programmer), and redirects yoursite.com/sitemap to (in your case) http://www.amphicar770.com/data/sitemaps/sitemapfile.gz or whatever.

this way you can give google analytics or whatever yoursite.com/sitemap to avoid permissions issues and other crap that can hinder google's ability to read your sitemap.

it's not a fault of jaxel's plugin that it was difficult to set up, it's just an unfortunate conflict that can be confusing if you've previously had rigel's plugin installed.

In Google webmaster tools, I am now seeing the following errors reported???
alert.png

Errors
Nested indexing
This Sitemap Index is referenced by another Sitemap Index.
Sitemap: www.amphicar770.com/sitemap/sitemap.forums.1.xml.gz
URL: /sitemap/sitemap.xml.gz
-
Jan 31, 2014
Sitemap: www.amphicar770.com/sitemap/sitemap.threads.pags.1.xml.gz
URL: /sitemap/sitemap.xml.gz
-
Jan 30, 2014

Hi,
the sitemaps have the wrong path: /forums/data/sitemaps/forums_1.xml.gz
and the right path should be /data/sitemaps/forums_1.xml.gz

I'm using your portal plugin..
How do i correct that? :)

*edit
Nm, had wrong Forum URL

I have installed this and setup the options as indicated.

I cannot find this folder /sitemaps
I find this folder but it has nothing in it /data/sitemaps
I find this folder but nothing in it that looks like a sitemap \library\EWRutiles\Sitemap\
I also don't seem to see any cron job listed either

I have installed this and setup the options as indicated.

I cannot find this folder /sitemaps
I find this folder but it has nothing in it /data/sitemaps
I find this folder but nothing in it that looks like a sitemap \library\EWRutiles\Sitemap\
I also don't seem to see any cron job listed either

@Jaxel I now try and remove it and I get the following

Server Error
Invalid argument supplied for foreach()

1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in EWRutiles/Sitemap/Install.php at line 66
  2. EWRutiles_Sitemap_Install->_uninstall_0() in EWRutiles/Sitemap/Install.php at line 60
  3. EWRutiles_Sitemap_Install::uninstallCode()
  4. call_user_func() in XenForo/DataWriter/AddOn.php at line 200
  5. XenForo_DataWriter_AddOn->_postDelete() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1779
  6. XenForo_DataWriter->delete() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 122
  7. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionDelete() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
  8. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  9. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/vhosts/triumphtalk.com/httpdocs/admin.php at line 13

How can I get the sitemap to pull from all my addon sections? Can I pay you to track all my addons+custom addon sections?

Just installed this, and when I try creating a sitemap I am getting the following error.

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 82 bytes) in /home/satguys/public_html/xen/library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php on line 304

Any ideas?

I tried updating my memory limit from 128M to 256M and am now getting the following...

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 79 bytes) in /home/satguys/public_html/xen/library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php on line 304

I really like this plugin and I'm trying to use it on a very large forum, however I'm getting an error (The FastCGI process exceeded configured activity timeout) when running the cron entry. Is there a way that I can break the script down so that it runs in parts, a little like cache rebuilding? That should stop it from timing out. I've already tried using set_time_limit within the script, to no avail.

Alternatively, is there a CLI version I can run?

I just installed this after completely giving up on Rigel's add-on. In 5 minutes it was up and running and Google already sees the /forum/sitemap as having something in there. Which I was never able to get Rigel's to do. So kudos's @Jaxel. Thanks for the great work.

Top Bottom