[8WR] XenUtiles (Sitemap)

[8WR] XenUtiles (Sitemap) 1.0.2

No permission to download
Hi Jaxel,

Got this error:

7668pKG.png

What does it mean? Is it a site issue, or an add on issue?

Any update with this error @Jaxel, or advice?

@Jaxel Can you please in option Disable member list add selects for members and guests? Point is to disable member list for guest and enable for users.

Not seeing any files in the sitemap directory??? Is it just that they take time to generate?

Installed and ran the cron job. sitemap director is 777. No errors reported, admin tools shows job ran.

Hi,
I used https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools?hl=en&authuser=0 to upload the sitemap (/data/sitemaps), but Google informed: "General HTTP error: HTTP 403 error (Forbidden)" and here's the description: "We encountered an error while trying to access your Sitemap. Please ensure your Sitemap follows our guidelines and can be accessed at the location you provided and then resubmit."
I changed the attribute of this folder "sitemaps" to CHMOD 777
Please help me to solve this case.
Thanks,
Ngan.

Last edited:
Hi,
I used https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools?hl=en&authuser=0 to upload the sitemap (/data/sitemaps), but Google informed: "General HTTP error: HTTP 403 error (Forbidden)" and here's the description: "We encountered an error while trying to access your Sitemap. Please ensure your Sitemap follows our guidelines and can be accessed at the location you provided and then resubmit."
I changed the attribute of this folder "sitemaps" to CHMOD 777
Please help me to solve this case.
Thanks,
Ngan.
Your sitemap is at yoursite.com/sitemap

Nice add on Jaxel.

For those of us who don't have the data dir at the default '/data/' location, you might want to use XenForo_Application::get('config')->externalDataPath in Model/Sitemap.php::saveFile in place of the hardcoded 'data' folder

Nice add on Jaxel.

For those of us who don't have the data dir at the default '/data/' location, you might want to use XenForo_Application::get('config')->externalDataPath in Model/Sitemap.php::saveFile in place of the hardcoded 'data' folder
I thought I am...
Code:
$path = XenForo_Helper_File::getExternalDataPath().'/sitemaps/'.$type.'_'.$loops.'.xml';/CODE]

I thought I am...
Code:
$path = XenForo_Helper_File::getExternalDataPath().'/sitemaps/'.$type.'_'.$loops.'.xml';/CODE]
Right above that (for gzip) and below that (non-gzip), you're returning with the data path hard coded.

Not seeing any files in the sitemap directory??? Is it just that they take time to generate?

Installed and ran the cron job. sitemap director is 777. No errors reported, admin tools shows job ran.

I gave up, went back to Rigel's sitemap tool. Installed, reinstalled, just could not get this to work.

I gave up, went back to Rigel's sitemap tool. Installed, reinstalled, just could not get this to work.

Forget it. Rigel's sitemap tool does not work with large boards on shared servers. It is coded in a way so that you have after a few seconds a time out because his script just takes too much RAM (I have 100 MB RAM with 30 seconds CPU time). So we have to get this addon here working!

I just installed it and tried to run the cron manually. It gives me within 5 seconds a success message. If I look on the server, I can see in the /data/sitemap folder 7 different xml files.

if I type in my browser www.mydomain.com/sitemap it just gives me a blank screen. No messages at all.

On the server there is no directory of "sitemap" on the root level, by the way. Only within the data directory and this is not called sitemap, it is called sitemaps.

If I put this in my browser: www.mydomain.com/data/sitemaps

I get an error:

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /data/sitemaps/ on this server.

I changed the data directory and the sitemaps directory incl. all files to 777 by the way.

So what now?

update:

if I type in Google webmaster tools the url:

mydomain.com/data/sitemaps/index.xml

it shows me some xml.gz files (6). One forum-file and five thread- files.

Is this correct like this?

update:

if I type in Google webmaster tools the url:

mydomain.com/data/sitemaps/index.xml

it shows me some xml.gz files (6). One forum-file and five thread- files.

Is this correct like this?
mydomain.com/sitemap is supposed to actually just echo the contents of mydomain/com/data/sitemaps/index.xml.

If that file exists, which you are clearly saying it does, then /sitemap should work perfectly fine. If it isn't, then there may be a route controller interfering with this mod. Did you uninstall Rigel's sitemap BEFORE you installed this one?

You can not have both mods installed at the same time. And you must uninstall the other BEFORE you install a different one.

.... Did you uninstall Rigel's sitemap BEFORE you installed this one?

You can not have both mods installed at the same time. And you must uninstall the other BEFORE you install a different one.

No, I only deactivated Rigel's sitemap. I will uninstall both now and try again....

update:

I deinstalled both add-ons, deleted the sitemap directory on the root level of Rigel's add-on and then reinstalled xenutils sitemap again.

But the results are exactly the same as above. This addon simply does not create a directory called "sitemap" in the root directory. It only creates the directory described above in my earlier postings.(/data/sitemaps/).

So this should be fixed or documented accordingly ;)

As a feature suggestion:

a) I like the possibility to add specific external URLs in an extra box as in Rigel's sitemap
b) I would love to have the possibility to set somewhere "nofollow" for outgoing urls within the forums postings. So that only links with my domainname are indexd by Google, but not to other sites.

Top Bottom