[8WR] XenAtendo (Events)

[8WR] XenAtendo (Events) 1.5.0b

No permission to download
No we started to insert them manually each week.
A way to fix this is to break out the regular events to it's own database table and each day check if the upcoming events are within a time-frame and add a new post to the main table.
Bugger, thats really going to stuff me up with a new implementation I've got planned.

Anyone else noticed there is no option to select 12pm (noon) ?
Indeed. This was reported back in May but I don't think @Jaxel has ever responded to the bug nor fixed it. Nor has he included the XenAtendo block for XenPorta in the package which he said he would be doing, so folks are having to find that from earlier versions of XenPorta as it's not included in the latest package of that add-on either.

hmm, such a shame that this is not a supported app. I have one site where and events calendar is critical and issues such as this (or a lack of alternatives) may force me to go back to IPB for that site.

hi , i have installed the calendar , but i cant post news event , i dont see the button , i have tune my permission but not show , thx for advance

Can this be set up so that one doesn't need to post anything in the text box--just an event title?

Also, the "event venue" should not be mandatory. Can I turn that off somehow?

Indeed. This was reported back in May but I don't think @Jaxel has ever responded to the bug nor fixed it. Nor has he included the XenAtendo block for XenPorta in the package which he said he would be doing, so folks are having to find that from earlier versions of XenPorta as it's not included in the latest package of that add-on either.
TO fix the lack of a 12pm
ADD to
EWRatendo_EventsCreate (in the appropriate list of times - you'll see)

Code:
<option value="12" {xen:selected "{$input.event_time} == '12'"}>12</option>

Last edited:
Has anyone figured out how to change the calendar to render with Sunday first (SMTWTFS)? This is how the pop-up date chooser works, but the large monthly and mini calendar do not. Changing the headers is easy, but I'd need to know where in the code to change the rest. This was asked a couple of times, but nobody responded to either post. I'll poke around and see what I can do, but if you have any tips, thanks!

Edit: Also, the weekly view starts with Monday as well.

Last edited:
Has anyone figured out how to change the calendar to render with Sunday first (SMTWTFS)? This is how the pop-up date chooser works, but the large monthly and mini calendar do not. Changing the headers is easy, but I'd need to know where in the code to change the rest. This was asked a couple of times, but nobody responded to either post. I'll poke around and see what I can do, but if you have any tips, thanks!

Edit: Also, the weekly view starts with Monday as well.
I'd like to know this too (y)

Can't find anywhere Upcoming Events Block.

I've installed XenPorta, Events and Streams, But streams block works fine!

Where I can find UpcomingEvents Block?

Can't find anywhere Upcoming Events Block.

I've installed XenPorta, Events and Streams, But streams block works fine!

Where I can find UpcomingEvents Block?
You'll have to get it from XenPorta 1.5.7 which you can download from the version history of that add-on as @Jaxel hasn't yet included the block with this add-on.

You'll need

/library/EWRporta/Block/EventsUpcoming.php
and
/library/EWRporta/Block/XML/EventsUpcoming.xml

Put them in the corresponding locations on your site, then install the block in the usual way for XenPorta.

Has anybody successfully uninstalled this mod? I have it disabled due to too many server error log entries and want to get rid of it entirely but am a bit frightened tbh.

TO fix the lack of a 12pm
ADD to
EWRatendo_EventsCreate (in the appropriate list of times - you'll see)

Code:
<option value="12" {xen:selected "{$input.event_time} == '12'"}>12</option>

is it possible to see how your whole event time list looks please?

1. will it be possible to add event like "every 3-d saturday of every month" ?
2. will it be possible to create more than one calendar "layer" so we could have 2 different calendars? I guess it can be implemented with "thread prefix". Unfortunately we cannot asigh thread prefix in the moment when we create new event, only after it already been created. Also, thread prefix is not visible in the calendar
3. will it be possible to start week on Sunday? :)
4. will it be possible to remember time zone? (when i create new event it always fall into Dublin time zone and i hae to change it)
5. will it be possible to disable previous month (November)
6. I also wonder if it can show list of event names instead of (3 events) if there are more than one event in that day
7. and if it can show event category instead of work "event". For example: "sundy 15 dec: 2 classes, 3 advanced, 4 fights, 5 parade and 6 whatever" :)
8. another nice addition would be, when user looking at particular event he/she might be interested to see "other event in same day"

thank you in advance

Last edited:
Can this be set up so that one doesn't need to post anything in the text box--just an event title?

Also, the "event venue" should not be mandatory. Can I turn that off somehow?

I agree, except you do need to specify the date/time in addition to the title. But I am scratching my head, wondering what a event venue is. I re-read the add-on page and description, I read through the change log, and I curry-combed this discussion thread. Not ONE word about what a event venue is. I am about to post my first event and I am stuck on what to put there. It wants some type of a value. I must be the only one that is clueless! How about a little explanation, or please remove it from the requirement please.... thanks.

I've installed the calendar and assigned "meeting" as event forum.

If I create a new event within meeting, then this event appears in the forum listing.

However, when I create a new event using the main navigation, then this new event is missing within "meeting".

Is this a feature or a bug? ;-) Or is sth. wrong with my installation?

Regards, rhodes

Top Bottom