[8WR] XenAtendo (Events)

[8WR] XenAtendo (Events) 1.5.0b

No permission to download
Hi Jaxel,

I just install this add-on on my forum yesterday and try to post a sample event. Now, my question is how and where can I delete that sample event?

Thanks for this really awesome add-on :)

This looks amazing, but the Event calendar is not transferring events to the Events forum I set up. I can create and modify events, so that's working, but my Events forum isn't. It is accepting new posts, though.

I also cannot find where to approve events requiring moderation or how to delete events.

Last edited:
"This event is awaiting approval before it gets added to the calendar."

I can't find where to approve it, does anyone knows?
Thanks in advance. I have set full permissions but yet I can't find it.

Would it be possible to add in the ability to award trophies for members posting events

I've created an event, 10am to 5pm recurring for an additional 2 days. It's a 3 day event from 21st to 23rd February.
Initially the event appeared on the monthly view, but then I realised that the default date for the end of the recurrence when setting it up was 2015!! (I don't the default end date shouldn't be a whole year in the future.)
So I had actually created a daily event for over a year.
So I edited it again to put the correct end date in and now the event doesn't appear in the calendar.
events1.webp
Next bug is that the calendar widget doesn't work on iOS. When I edited the event I had already shut down for the day and tried to do it on my iPad. I couldn't as the calendar widget didn't work. I had to boot up my PC again to do it.

When you have a recurring event, and you click on one of the recurring days, it wrongly shows the event date as the first day. So here is the event over 3 days:
events3.webp
But it opened up the event showing the dates of the first day:

events2.webp

Lastly some people have RSVPd for the event, but which day have they RSVPd for? If you RSVP for one day of a recurring event, the RSVP should be just for that day. Or at least, when you do RSVP, you should be able to specify which day(s) you are going.
So I set up an event recurring for an additional 2 days and now people have RSVPd, they don't know which day(s) they have RSVPd for.
Very confusing.

Discovered an apparent bug in this right away. If an event is linked to a thread in a forum and then that thread is deleted, there's no way to delete the event in the calendar.

"The requested thread could not be found" error.

I think I've come across a bug, or at least a problem. If you create an event linked to a thread and then merge that thread with another, then there is no way of removing the event itself (which remains, because the thread ws not deleted) because any attempt to edit it throws a 'thread not found' error.

EDIT: Nevermind, it appears to have been solved in 1.4.9

How was th is solved?

I use XenForo 1.3.0 Beta 4 and if i try to delete a Post i get this error:

Fehlermeldung des Servers
Fehlerinformation
ErrorException: Argument 1 passed to EWRatendo_DataWriter_Discussion_Thread::_discussionPostSave() must be an array, none given, called in /var/www/web120088/html/test1/library/XenForo/DataWriter/Discussion.php on line 453 and defined - library/EWRatendo/DataWriter/Discussion/Thread.php:5
Generiert durch: Tealk, Vor einer Minute
Stapelverfolgung
#0 /var/www/web120088/html/test1/library/EWRatendo/DataWriter/Discussion/Thread.php(5): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(4096, 'Argument 1 pass...', '/var/www/web120...', 5, Array)
#1 /var/www/web120088/html/test1/library/XenForo/DataWriter/Discussion.php(453): EWRatendo_DataWriter_Discussion_Thread->_discussionPostSave()
#2 /var/www/web120088/html/test1/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1397): XenForo_DataWriter_Discussion->_postSave()
#3 /var/www/web120088/html/test1/library/twittertopics/DataWriter/twittertopics.php(9): XenForo_DataWriter->save()
#4 /var/www/web120088/html/test1/library/XenForo/Model/Thread.php(1692): twittertopics_DataWriter_twittertopics->save()
#5 /var/www/web120088/html/test1/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Thread.php(1146): XenForo_Model_Thread->deleteThread(1159, 'soft', Array)
#6 /var/www/web120088/html/test1/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionDelete()
#7 /var/www/web120088/html/test1/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#8 /var/www/web120088/html/test1/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#9 {main}
Benötigter Status
array(3) {
["url"] => string(67) "http://test1.anzahcraft.de/threads/whitelist-ftb-server.1159/delete"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(4) {
["hard_delete"] => string(1) "0"
["reason"] => string(4) "test"
["_xfConfirm"] => string(1) "1"
["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
}
}

I use XenForo 1.3.0 Beta 4 and if i try to delete a Post i get this error:
Very likely because it's not fully 1.3 compatible. I'm pretty sure it's only up to 1.2 since that is the latest release version. :)

Once 1.3 goes gold it will probably be updated, but most add-ons are not until the gold release because of the possibility of changes between the BETA and the final release.;)

I think @Jaxel hates this addon. He gets rather irritated when people bug him about it... But you know what this really needs?? It needs an alert balloon above the 'Events' navigation tab with the number of new unread events and an alert to the creator of an event just informing them that another person has rsvp'd 'yes' and the total yes/no's. :)

After adding this add-on and testing it out, I can't figure out why it's not creating a forum thread for each event? It's not even showing any notices on the forum index of events within the notice time frame set in the backend. Thanks for help ahead of time!

After adding this add-on and testing it out, I can't figure out why it's not creating a forum thread for each event? It's not even showing any notices on the forum index of events within the notice time frame set in the backend. Thanks for help ahead of time!

in the options set it like this (my forum that I have them going to is called 'events')

Image 2.gif

And be sure that when you create a new event you select to have it post in the forum. I made a change in the template that selects that automatically and makes the option invisible so it's no longer a choice. To do that, in the template: EWRatendo_EventsCreate search for the line with: {xen:phrase create_event_thread} and replace that whole line with:

Code:
                    <li style="display:none;"><label for="ctrl_thread"><input type="checkbox" name="create_thread" value="1" id="ctrl_thread" {xen:if '{$input.event_rsvp}', 'checked'} /> {xen:phrase create_event_thread}:</label>

Top Bottom