I added this to EWRAtendo.css

Code:
<xen:if is="@enableResponsive">
  @media (max-width:@maxResponsiveWideWidth) {
      .eventcomment {width: 100% !important;}
      .eventdetails {margin-right: auto !important;}
    }
</xen:if>

You may not need the .eventcomment line - this may only affect some other changes I've made to display comments on the page rather than as a tooltip.
Thanks a lot :) Will try it

I could not get it to work. I think the issue is with .eventdetails

I went to your site and it is working properly.

Any other suggestion?

I could not get it to work. I think the issue is with .eventdetails

I went to your site and it is working properly.

Any other suggestion?
Apologies, having just checked my notes I have edited another file too.

You need to edit two Templates:

EventEWRatendo_EventsView_NoMap
I edited this one as I don't use maps on my events. If you do use maps you'll need to look at EWRatendo_EventsView_Map

Find
Code:
<div style="float: right; width: 350px; margin-top: -10px;">

Replace with
Code:
<div class="eventcomment" style="float: right; width: 350px; margin-top: -10px;">

Then find
Code:
<div style="margin-right: 360px;">[CODE]

Replace with
[CODE]<div class="eventdetails" style="margin-right: 360px;">

This adds classes to the event details and event comments boxes so that we can apply styling to make them responsive.

EWRAtendo.css
Add the following code

Code:
<xen:if is="@enableResponsive">
  @media (max-width:@maxResponsiveWideWidth) {
      .eventcomment {width: 100% !important;}
      .eventdetails {margin-right: auto !important;}
    }

Hopefully that should work. :)

Thank you very much it is now working. Just in case someone else wants to use this the last part is missing the closing bit: </xen:if> that you had typed in the previous response.

Is it possible to export the events to an external calendar of some type? I'd be keen for this functionality to be added if possible.

@Martok
The event details are now responsive but the text box for comments is now smaller and to the right. I know you said to disregard the comment part because you had made some changes. I did erase the comment part from the css file, but to no avail. Is there something I’m missing?

@Martok
The event details are now responsive but the text box for comments is now smaller and to the right. I know you said to disregard the comment part because you had made some changes. I did erase the comment part from the css file, but to no avail. Is there something I’m missing?
Sorry, don't disregard the comment part, I was mistaken in this in my initial post. See my last post for everything you need to do.

I have got to be able to hide this in my nav bar. We are trying to use it as a staff calendar and I get all kinds of messages from people trying to rsvp that don't have the proper permissions. :mad:

Please help. I'm trying to install this but when I try to access the XML I get this error

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /discuss/library/EWRatendo/addon-EWRatendo.xml on this server.

/discuss/ is my forum folder. the XML file had a 644 permission, and I tried 755 and 777. No change. Please advise, thanks!

EDIT: Fixed by removing the htaaccess file in the folder. I then installed the addon "from file on server" with given path.

Last edited:
Hi,

I encountered a little issue. The radio buttons to RSVP for an event do not seem to be working in Chrome or Safari. They can't be selected. They seem to be fine in Firefox.

Anyone have an idea how I can fix this?

Last edited:
Hi,

I encountered a little issue. The radio buttons to RSVP for an event do not seem to be working in Chrome or Safari. They can't be selected. They seem to be fine in Firefox.

Anyone have an idea how I can fix this?
They do work in Chrome as I use this. Maybe it's another issue on your website.

I just got back from working on my forum again and was wondering if anyone found a way to replace the "Map" with an image instead?

XenAtendo is the "Heart" of my Forum. It´s a spiritual forum with an event-calendar of all spiritual events in my region.
As the forum ist growing up, there are a lot of users outside my region, so I would like to give the users the opportunity to choose their region and just see events in their home-region.

XenAtendo has the possibility to choose different forums while starting an event (so the event-text can be sorted by region). Therefore it is possible, to use this way for choosing a region for the event - but the users can´t select the region for the display of the calender.

This function would be great - and I would pay for such a solution...
Any idea?

Last edited:
Great Addon! However, I have 3 questions.
1: Can I sort the events by ZIP code? We create live literature events and I would like to only show the events in the users region.
2: Is it possible to send invitations for a single event?
3: Is it possible that a user only can edit her/his own events?

Thank you

Yes, Users can edit their own events - but there are two buttons for that:
- one under date/time for changing the date of the event
- another one under the text for changing the text

Invitations for a single event are not possible in the Event-Calender. But I use xenPorta to post special events on the Portal-Site in the "News-Box", that is a great plugin too!
(look here: www.spirit-forum.de - go to the "Startseite")

And a sorting-possibility for the region would be very, very appreciated by me too...

In the configuration you can switch off the map. Then add your image to the Text of your Event.

Thanks, but I actually wanted the map's space to be replaced with my desired picture. For example: Invitation Flyers. Just like Facebook, when you create an event, you are allowed to add an image. Adding an image to your event makes it more attracting to look at.

is there any way to import vbulletin calendar dates? I have a VB site that uses the calendar & the event forum addon that would need to be moved over to this system.

I don't know if I have found a bug or if it is by design.
If you create a event that is going to be each week or so, then all the upcoming events will be connected to the thread and RSVP's.

Even if the upcoming events doesn't create a thread until just before the event, it still shouldn't show the other event information like RSVP's and the connected thread.
People need to be able to register for the upcoming events even if it's the "same" event that is going on. Same people might not want to be on both events.

Example: http://ffanz.com/events/monthly/6.2013/
Those events hasn't been done yet and still, both are connected to this event: http://ffanz.com/threads/may-26-2013-eu-baneclaw-run-ts-ffanz-com-9989.67/

* EDIT *
Seems like it keeps the main thread (just renames it) instead of creating a new thread connected to that days event.

* EDIT 2 *
Solution to the problem:
Set up another database table that holds the recurring events. If the event is within 30 days, it will create a thread and create the event so you can RSVP and talk about it. This would be done trough the cron system.
Did you ever get a fix for this as I've just run up against the issue

Did you ever get a fix for this as I've just run up against the issue
No we started to insert them manually each week.
A way to fix this is to break out the regular events to it's own database table and each day check if the upcoming events are within a time-frame and add a new post to the main table.

Top Bottom