[8WR] XenAtendo (Events)

[8WR] XenAtendo (Events) 1.5.0b

No permission to download
Just to confirm - I have disabled XenAtendo, and I now can post threads as normal.

Is this latest "hotfix" version of XenAtendo incompatible with XenForo 1.1.3, does anyone know? Because if that's the case, I assume simply upgrading my forum to 1.2 will resolve the above issue. I don't want to do that unless I know that that is definitely the case, however, in case it is not the root cause and it only serves to compound the problem.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi new (just bought yesterday) Xenforo user here.

Anyway... I made a small modification to this plugin, so if anyone else would like to add times to thread titles that this creates, here's how to accomplish that

Code:
Open file /library/EWRatendo/Model/events.php

after this (line 195 iirc)
$threadCity = $input['event_citystate'] ? $input['event_citystate'] : $input['event_venue'];

add
$threadTime = $input['event_time'].":".$input['event_mins']." ".$input['event_ampm'];

and after this (line 203 iirc)
$input['thread_title'] = str_ireplace('{location}', $threadCity, $input['thread_title']);

add
$input['thread_title'] = str_ireplace('{time}', $threadTime, $input['thread_title']);

After that go to your XenAtendo settings and add {time} to the thread title format. That should be it!

hopefully @Jaxel can add this to future releases :)
Nice one, thanks! I've missed having the time in the Event Thread title so this is great.

One change that I've done is to change the order that those RSVPing appear in. The order defined in XenAtendo is alphabetical. I prefer them listed in order of sign-up, particularly when there's limited places so it's first come first served. It's a simple change to make:

Open file /library/EWRatendo/Model/RSVPs.php

Find
PHP:
ORDER BY xf_user.username

Replace with
PHP:
ORDER BY EWRatendo_rsvps.rsvp_date

I've also edited a couple of other files to change the pop-up tooltips for RSVP comments into comments displayed on the page. The reason for this is members on phones and iPads can't see tooltips due to these devices not having hover on mouseover.

Hopefully @Jaxel can add both of these to the next version of XenAtendo. :)

I am getting this error when i try and create an event?

Mysqli statement execute error : Field 'service_id' doesn't have a default value
  1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 574
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1612
  5. XenForo_DataWriter->_insert() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1601
  6. XenForo_DataWriter->_save() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1393
  7. XenForo_DataWriter->save() in EWRatendo/Model/Events.php at line 230
  8. EWRatendo_Model_Events->updateEvent() in EWRatendo/ControllerPublic/Events.php at line 102
  9. EWRatendo_ControllerPublic_Events->actionCreate() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 337
  10. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  11. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/tuntest/public_html/community/index.php at line 13

I get this error when I try to post a new event:

Declaration of EWRatendo_DataWriter_Discussion_Thread::_discussionPostSave() should be compatible with that of EWRporta_DataWriter_Discussion_Thread::_discussionPostSave()

Last edited:
This is working out fine for me... i wonder if anyone has successfully managed to upload and show pictures instead of the google map... it'd be awesome if we can upload pics in the place of Google map

I have the same message aswel when creating a new event :(

But now that I am checking.. I use Xenatendo 1.4.9.. upgrading should fix it..... :cautious:

error_zps545f6e3b.png

I had to apply some more modification. Here is the complete diff.
I added utf8_encode due to some misconfiguration on my test installation, so you may not have to reuse as-is.

Basically, in order to properly localize the date formats, I used http://php.net/manual/en/function.strftime.php.

WARNING : There is an issue when editing existing events due to localization. I'm looking into it.

EDIT : The issue is caused by strftime(). I had to use gmstrftime() in order to manage timezones properly. I'll upload another diff in the coming days.

Have you been able to solve this issue? Localized date is critical for all foreign language forums and it is interesting that no one else raised this issue.

I get this error when I try to post a new event:

Declaration of EWRatendo_DataWriter_Discussion_Thread::_discussionPostSave() should be compatible with that of EWRporta_DataWriter_Discussion_Thread::_discussionPostSave()

I have the same error when attempting to upgrade some other third-party add-ons.

I have the same error when attempting to upgrade some other third-party add-ons.
XenForo 1.2 changed _discussionPostSave()

If you're getting that error, it means either XF, or one of your addons has not been upgraded to 1.2.

XenForo 1.2 changed _discussionPostSave()

If you're getting that error, it means either XF, or one of your addons has not been upgraded to 1.2.

I upgraded XF today, as well as most of my add-ons.

I'm currently running:

XenPorta 1.6.0
XenMedio 1.5.3
XenAtendo 1.5.0 (b)

I was under the impression these are the latest versions? (I tried double-checking, but might have missed something in the hectic)

The error in question happened when trying to upgrade another add-on. I disabled XenAtendo and that caused the error to go away.

After updating this yesterday, and attempting to register a new test event, I got an error that the column event_zipcode was not present. I manually added it, but somehow it did not get added by the installer.

I found a little bug: If some events start at the same time, just one will be displayed in "upcoming events", the others disappear. In the weekly or monthly display - no problem.

I apologize if this is the wrong place to post this. I was wondering if there was a to flag RSVP's together into clusters based on their choice from a drop down menu - or at the very least add some kind of visual flag to one group of them. We do ingame boss events and to determine who needs the kill versus who's here to help, the drop down has a few options to choose from. Sorry if this doesn't make sense. The end result is a mish mash of rsvps but the group leaders then have to filter though each one - whereas if there was a way to group them automatically, based on the choice they made from the dropdown when they rsvped, it could save us a lot of time. Just throwing this out there. Maybe someone has an idea of something easy to implement?

Here was our last event: http://ffanz.com/threads/sep-15-2013-baneclaw-runs.414/ and that had 71 rsvps - which didnt included the other 60+ from another forum.

Hi Guys,

when i want to hide the "Event"-Tab in the Navbar, where do i have to insert this code?
I tried in the navigation template and everything is hided but not the event tab.
<xen:if is="{$visitor.user_id}">
This content will show to logged in members
</xen:if>

Top Bottom