• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenUtiles (Tools)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaxel

You may not know this, but creating these modifications for XenForo is basically my full time job. It is my primary source of income. If you appreciate the work here, please feel free to DONATE.

I made a decision when XenForo came out. I had been using vBulletin for so long and installing addons from others. One of the things I noticed is that I felt a massive lack of quality control in most mods for vBulletin; its one of the reasons I began writing most of my mods myself. So with XenForo I decided that I was going to do everything I can to limit the installations of third-party modifications, even if it meant rewriting all the mods myself. I'm not knocking anyone's skill here at XF, but its just a decision I made and I'm sticking to it.

This mod will be the ever expanding result of this decision. In this mod I am going to be including all of the administration tools that I am adding for my own needs. Most of these features are available by others. I am not copying any code; just using the ideas from those who came before me...

Features:
  • XenForo Sitemap (includes XenCarta and XenMedio extensions)
  • Unconfirmed account pruner after X number of days
  • Soft-deleted content pruner after X number of days
  • Account Spam Finder based on URLs in homepages, signatures and profiles
  • Profile Spam Finder based on URLs in messages and message comments
  • StopForumSpam registration integration and submission
  • BotScout registration integration
  • FSpamList registration integration
  • Thread down-vote system
Demo:
Installation:
  • upload the entire contents of the attached zip to your XenForo root
  • install from file on server: "library/EWRutiles/addon-EWRutiles.xml"
  • set options for the sitemap and spam system in administration control panel
Screenshots:

1.webp 2.webp 3.webp 4.webp

Donations:
Download:

Attachments

Second post!
:)
[Suggestion] Thread starter should be able to add posts at top of thread anytime: Getting rid of the "Reserved" (or Second Post!)
http://xenforo.com/community/thread...ead-anytime-getting-rid-of-the-reserved.6233/
- anyone know if any forum software has this feature ?

1-jpg.8378

Looks great.

StopForumSpam - anyone use that before ?

Get an error when I try to visit the ACP tab for the addon..
Code:
Fatal error: Class 'ArrayObject' not found in /www/.../public/library/Zend/Registry.php on line 31

Could be a bad upload on my part, but I've retried a few times with the same result.

Yep, phpinfo() is showing SPL (and the ArrayObject class) as loaded. Really unsure as to what else could be the cause?

I say we need to keep Jaxel working.

I think these are all important.

Break 'em up and charge $5 each.

XenForo Sitemap (includes XenCarta and XenMedio extensions)
Spambot Finder based on URLs in homepages, signatures and profiles
StopForumSpam registration integration and submission

or Provide alot of Utils and users can download them and update them from your support site [registration $30+ per year]

Can someone explain sitemaps a tiny bit better? I always thought it was basically like an index of an entire site. So what are the sitemaps used for exactly? Thanks.

Can someone explain sitemaps a tiny bit better? I always thought it was basically like an index of an entire site. So what are the sitemaps used for exactly? Thanks.
Without a sitemap, a search engine spider will manually trawl your site. It will find relevant data by searching your site and following links. So if you have island pages (pages that dont have any links to them), they will actually never be found. As well, the data that the spider finds will be random at best, and often can't handle query strings.

With a sitemap, you are telling the search engine spiders exactly what content you want indexed in their search engines. They won't have to trawl your site and follow links, so island pages will be found if they are in the index.

Without a sitemap, a search engine spider will manually trawl your site. It will find relevant data by searching your site and following links. So if you have island pages (pages that dont have any links to them), they will actually never be found. As well, the data that the spider finds will be random at best, and often can't handle query strings.

With a sitemap, you are telling the search engine spiders exactly what content you want indexed in their search engines. They won't have to trawl your site and follow links, so island pages will be found if they are in the index.

Thanks Jaxel that clears a lot up!

Is data/sitemaps/index.xml this the sitemap path ?
It seems that it is but I have a problem with it. I have disallowed the data directory in robots.txt and now google can not access data/sitemaps. I tried to allow /data/sitemaps in my robots file but appearantly that did not work. Is there a way to change the sitemap directory without moving directorys arround ? Thanks.

Does sitemap includes "Pages" as well as forums/categories?
And what if i don't have other two add-ons?

I say we need to keep Jaxel working.

I think these are all important.

Break 'em up and charge $5 each.

XenForo Sitemap (includes XenCarta and XenMedio extensions)
Spambot Finder based on URLs in homepages, signatures and profiles
StopForumSpam registration integration and submission

or Provide alot of Utils and users can download them and update them from your support site [registration $30+ per year]
Hi buddy, if you're willing to pay to every coder, just do it, why are you keep posting on every Add-on thread "Charge for it?" Please don't mind but I really don't like it. Jaxel has already written for donation in his first post.

Fixed my problem, it was a bad upload.
Now that it's all working, it would be nice if it gzip compressed the sitemaps, and only included public content in them.

The other sitemap add-on does those things, but I would like not to have to install it alongside this one to get the best of both worlds.. maybe you guys could collaborate?

Hi buddy, if you're willing to pay to every coder, just do it, why are you keep posting on every Add-on thread "Charge for it?" Please don't mind but I really don't like it. Jaxel has already written for donation in his first post.

Many hands make light work.

When Jaxel gets a job and gets busy, you'll be sad we lost him.
And then you will have what you paid for: nothing.

I really don't understand the logic of why someone wants a great plugin but argues about $5.
The time you save with the Spam protection is worth $5 every day.

Fixed my problem, it was a bad upload.
Now that it's all working, it would be nice if it gzip compressed the sitemaps, and only included public content in them.
It already only includes public content... It doesn't GZIP because I'm not usre how GZIP works... and GZIP seems like a complete waste of resources anyways. All it does is reduce the amount of bandwidth it takes for a search engine to trawl your sitemaps. Search engines don't trawl that often, and bandwidth is so cheap...

It is including forums and threads only visible to certain usergroups in my sitemap, instead of those only available to guests.. I understand it will throw a 403 and they wont be indexed anyways, but seems like a waste.

Gzip isn't something I really need I guess, so I won't worry about it for now.

If I remember right, there is an option in php.ini to make everything gzipped by default anyways.
Yip, here it is:
; Transparent output compression using the zlib library
; Valid values for this option are 'off', 'on', or a specific buffer size
; to be used for compression (default is 4KB)
; Note: Resulting chunk size may vary due to nature of compression. PHP
; outputs chunks that are few hundreds bytes each as a result of
; compression. If you prefer a larger chunk size for better
; performance, enable output_buffering in addition.
; Note: You need to use zlib.output_handler instead of the standard
; output_handler, or otherwise the output will be corrupted.
zlib.output_compression = Off
;zlib.output_compression_level = -1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom