• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenUtiles (Tools)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should also add ping yahoo?
I have a further question, if there is ping to the search engine, should I need to add the sitemap in the webmaster tool?

Can the sitmap include registered only forums? Also the admin can set the bot usergroup equivalence. Eg.,
google bot -> admin
The google bot can see what the admin had seen.

Remember, I am unemployed programmer and this mod is free! If you appreciate the work here, please donate.
I will like to rephrase it:
Remember, I am a programmer who dedicated to Xenforo society and this mod is free! If you hope I could serve you in future, pls. do consider donate a cup of coffee.
tongue.png

I have installed these utils. In terms of the sitemaps for bing and google is this done automatically after I tweak the settings in the AdminCP? Or do I have to do something else? Cheers

Should also add ping yahoo?
I have a further question, if there is ping to the search engine, should I need to add the sitemap in the webmaster tool?
You dont have to... but you should. Adding it to the webmaster tool will give you control of it.

Yahoo uses Bing's search engine... there is no reason to ping it anymore.
I have installed these utils. In terms of the sitemaps for bing and google is this done automatically after I tweak the settings in the AdminCP? Or do I have to do something else? Cheers
Pinging is done automatically when the sitemap is generated each week.

Is it bad to send a sitemap more often? Just curious why one week (newb to SEO stuff)
Its not bad, the more you send it, the better actually.

One week because depending on the size of your website, it could take some time to build the sitemap and your website could potentially run slower while its building. You want to do everything you can to reduce the affect on your users. If you wish to change the build times, you can find it in the Cron Entries link under the Tools tab of your AdminCP.

Ok, I figured I would send it about 5am eastern every day (we are us centered so that is our slowest time)

I am getting this error when i try to reach sitemap;

Server Error

file_get_contents(/home/forum.cmturkey.net/data/sitemaps/index.xml) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()inEWRutiles/ControllerPublic/Sitemap.phpat line8
  2. EWRutiles_ControllerPublic_Sitemap->actionIndex()inXenForo/FrontController.phpat line310
  3. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch()inXenForo/FrontController.phpat line132
  4. XenForo_FrontController->run()in/home/murattekmen/forum.cmturkey.net/index.phpat line15
Can you help me please?

When enabling this, the sever error log started filling up with errors upon registration..
Code:
Zend_Uri_Exception: Invalid URI supplied - library/Zend/Uri/Http.php:156
Triggered by the ForumSpam model
PHP:
$client = new Zend_Http_Client($feed);

Assuming something is wrong with how $feed is setup but haven't looked into it much yet.

[EDIT]
Looking like it might have something to do with when the validation fails for another reason.

StopForumSpam is the bomb. And by that I mean it's the best thing ever. Anyone who doesn't use it is losing out for no good reason at all.
+1
I get registration attempts every few minutes using vBStopForumSpam.
Only problem I do get are false positives based on username and ip address occasionally.
But more so based on username.

Hi All,

Just want to make sure im doing this right.

Here are screenshots of my sitemap directory, webmaster tools and XenUtils settings.

Do I only need to set them up once in webmaster tools? Or do I have to add them every time they are generated? Also is my setup correct for sitemaps to be generated everyday at 3am? I noticed for example my forums sitemap has _1 under it as there was an old sitemap from dec14(no idea...) when the next generation occus will the _1 be dropped because I deleted the old one? God i hope that makes sense lol. Cheers.

Sitemap Directory

XF1.webp
Webmaster tools sitemap setup

XF2.webp
XenUtils Setup

XF3.webp

Do I only need to set them up once in webmaster tools? Or do I have to add them every time they are generated? Also is my setup correct for sitemaps to be generated everyday at 3am? I noticed for example my forums sitemap has _1 under it as there was an old sitemap from dec14(no idea...) when the next generation occus will the _1 be dropped because I deleted the old one? God i hope that makes sense lol. Cheers.

Sitemap Directory

View attachment 8614
Webmaster tools sitemap setup

View attachment 8615
XenUtils Setup

View attachment 8616

All you need to setup in webmaster tools is "http://mmazone.com.au/community/sitemap", they will automatically parse the rest.

community/sitemap NOT community/data/sitemaps
That did it, thanks mate. Does it matter some of my sitemaps in the data folder have _1 in the filename? Im not sure how they got to be like that exactly, but will that affect anything? Thanks

That is by design, based on the admin setting "Sitemap Urls per Split"

Its set to 50, 000. I have a total of less then 300 links so far so Im still unsure where the _1 comes from? I wont be able to tell either for at least a few days if its an issue or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom