• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenUtiles (Tools)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assuming that Jaxel is working on XenDiario - a competitor to LN Blogs as I understand... probabbly he won't ever support it... It's probabbly easier to ask LN-Blog-author for XenUtiles support...

I am not asking to support LN Blogs, I am asking for supporting XenUtiles. The software is designed to provide a sitemap for my site. If I add my own pages, whether that be through another add-on or directly, I need my sitemap to include those pages. If the sitemap software wont include 100% of my site, I need to find sitemap software that will.

could someone help on this error when trying to run cron for the sitemap

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 35 bytes) in /public_html/forum/library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php on line 295

what text should I be looking for on line 295 of mysqli.php, and what should be replaced to get the sitemap to run?

I have the same problem, I don't have a sitemap because of this error. (n)

There is nothing to do with mysqli.php, it's about php's memory limit. I have my own server so I incerased it to the highest possible. Still getting the same error. Xenforo has its own limit too, so if you're lucky and don't have a really large site, removing this line in /libary/application.php may fix it for you.

@ini_set('memory_limit', 128 * 1024 * 1024);

It didn't fix for me but fixed for a friend's site. I'm still getting the error below:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 79 bytes) in/home/xxx/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.phpon line304

can you advise what file needs editing then? And what line to search for/ edit? I have a dedicated server

If the above fix don't work, find your php.ini, it's in /usr/local/lib in my server.

Find the line memory_limit = and increase it.

It may still not work if your site is really big.

my host just helped me. Try this for yourself,

file: library/XenForo/Application.php

search for:
@ini_set('memory_limit', 128 * 1024 * 1024);

change to
@ini_set('memory_limit', 256 * 1024 * 1024);

save / go back into the admincp / run the sitemap cron. It ran for me.

my bad - I hadn't refreshed prior to typing. They said this about the php.ini file: "something within the account is overwriting the global setting in the php ini file."

supposedly library/xenforo/application.php - as noted in post 266 will not allow php.ini memory to go higher. When I altered that application file, it didn't error.

I am not asking to support LN Blogs, I am asking for supporting XenUtiles. The software is designed to provide a sitemap for my site.
Who is "most" responsible for getting LN Blogs supported in XenUtiles ... the author of LNBlogs or XenUtiles ? That's hard to say.
I think it's mostly LN Blogs responsibility because it's so new (and unstable). I don't think LN Blogs is established enough for Jaxel to spend time supporting it ... especially as it is likely to change.
I need my sitemap to include those pages. If the sitemap software wont include 100% of my site, I need to find sitemap software that will.
This is true. I don't think it's urgent though. I think if LN Blogs submitted the information to Jaxel that made it easy for him to update XenUtiles, he would do so.
Just my thoughts.
I certainly think that there is some strength in going with Jaxel's addons as there is strength in numbers !

However, this is an example of a very important issue: the stability of Xenforo's much needed Addons.
Many many many people have been burned by using Addons, the developer goes AWOL, and they are screwed. They paid nothing, and are owed nothing, and they get ........ nothing. You only realize how valuable your plugin is .... when it's broken. And it's now too late to pay for it. How can Xenforo do a better job than what has been done previously ? A tall order ?... Yes ... but impossible ? NO !

I also feel Xenforo and it's developers need to find a better way to bring great stable addons to Xenforo.
The idea that Xenforo has a HUGELY vested interest in having developers like Jaxel making great plugins .... is Obvious.
I think the Big Question is .... how should Xenforo support developers and their plugins ?
I'm not sure the developers get enough support from Xenforo.
If Xenforo didn't have plugin/addon makers making good stuff ... I would have waited for 6-12 months to see if a developer community was going to form. I think the very knowledgeable "First Wave" of Xenforo users were happy to see almost instantaneous developer activity. That certainly impressed me alot. I'm sure it made others feel like Xenforo was "the real deal" and not just some far fetched wish.

I do have a model which I think might work .. I'm still making notes on it before I "put it out there" for people to think about.
So far I just see Xenforo treating developers like vBulletin did - where vBulletin pretended that Addons weren't that important and "refused" to have any significant ties with developers. I just don't think that's the way forward here. Xenforo should be trying to gain marketshare - not monetizing current customers with "Addon revenue". Xenforo's growth in the next year will be mostly from moving vBulletin users to Xenforo, not first time forum purchasers. I think there are still alot of vB customers that would consider xenforo ... but are "missing" something. Those somethings are things that need to be done to the core Xenforo (ie. ignore functions, custom registration fields, etc..) and things that should be plugins/addons (Gallery, Blog, Articles, Wiki, CMS, etc, etc.). To keep the momentum going I think Xenforo needs to concentrate on the core for a while still .... but yet give confidence to current and future customers that the Major Addons that people expect are available. I feel the best way to do that is to "make a deal" with developers. I've thrown out a few ideas which could help ... but I haven't put them all together. I think that Xenforo is superior to all other forum software already ... the clincher would be they make the best developer community. After that, Xenforo will show it is the future, and customers will see it as the way forward. So far no forum software has created an "optimal" Forum-Addon developer relationship. I hope Ashley, Kier and Mike put alot of creative and business thought into creating an optimal Xenforo / Addon developer relationship. Just carbon copying how vBulletin did things isn't the optimal way forward.

Who is "most" responsible for getting LN Blogs supported in XenUtiles ... the author of LNBlogs or XenUtiles ? That's hard to say.
I think it's mostly LN Blogs responsibility because it's so new (and unstable). I don't think LN Blogs is established enough for Jaxel to spend time supporting it ... especially as it is likely to change.
What about Jaxel programming an API for other addons? So the LN-Blogs author can integrate it...

I agree with the sentiment, but completely disagree with your viewpoint. Sure a forum software vendor should work to establish a good relationship with it's add-on developers. But hasn't that been done with XF already? And if it hasn't, isn't it up to those add-on developers to specifically share what they feel is missing? How exactly would you measure the quality of XF's relationship with it's add-on developers?

My observations on this topic are:

1. I want my software to come included with everything from the main software developer (i.e. XF) but that is not realistic. They are not Microsoft where they will begin making hardware, browsers, games, and other businesses all to support their core product. They should focus 100% on the core and begin growing as they can. They have done exactly that. So yes, we need add-on developers, and they need XF. It is a symbiotic relationship and one XF fully realizes.

Anyway, notwithstanding the history of other systems, XenForo has been engineered to provide the most stable and flexible platform for add-on developers ever seen in forum software. Add-ons inhabit the same space as the core code, have access to all functionality and can themselves be the subject of further add-ons, so if we have a situation where it is decided that 3rd party developers can not be relied upon, a large part of the point of XenForo has been missed.

2. I see a forum section entirely devoted to our add-on developers http://xenforo.com/community/forums/development-tutorials-and-resources.33/ I also see in that section Kier making posts helping to educate our add-on developers and respond to their questions. That's the strongest commitment I have ever seen from a company. The lead software developer regularly interacting with it's add-on developers.

3. Some companies don't wish their add-on developers to discuss their add-ons on their official forums. XF has welcomed the process and Kier specifically shared he viewed the relationship with add-on developers and XF as symbiotic (I can't find the thread with the quote...)

4. As for my personal decision to choose Jaxel's mods and donate for his work, his words in the first post of this thread helped sway me to trusting him.

I made a decision when XenForo came out. I had been using vBulletin for so long and installing addons from others. One of the things I noticed is that I felt a massive lack of quality control in most mods for vBulletin; its one of the reasons I began writing most of my mods myself.

Bottom line, XF is doing an incredible job working with it's add-on developers in my opinion.

Now that I am done replying, I have the clear realization this thread was not the best place for this discussion and it should probably be broken off into it's own thread or dropped altogether...

As for LN Blog or other pages I might add, I merely request instructions on what steps I need to take as a XenUtiles user to be able to add additional parts of my site to the site map. For XenPorta Jaxel offered a nice instructional post on how to create additional modules for XenPorta. A similar post on how to add additional pages to the site map would be great.

So far I just see Xenforo treating developers like vBulletin did
The announcement related to 1.0.0 contradicts completely your opinion of what XenForo thinks of add-ons and their authors: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/xenforo-1-0-0.13280/
Since we released our first beta version to the public in October 2010 the community has been extremely busy. A brief inspection of the forums here reveals:

Released add-ons include a portal, a custom BB code manager, iPhone and Android applications, bridges to other software, advertising management systems and all manner of administrative tools and helpers.
The speed at which add-ons are being produced for XenForo, and the quality of the code driving them is nothing short of staggering.
All tastes are accounted for, with heavy industrial styles, light and airy styles, graphics-intensive styles and technical styles making innovative use of the style properties system.
These styles have been maintained throughout the pre-release phase of XenForo by a wide variety of stylers, and we anticipate seeing even greater achievements now that the software is declared stable.
The graphically talented have been hard at work producing ancillary, additional and replacement graphics for XenForo, and some of their creations are truly inspired.

Considering that these figures have been reached before the software has even been declared stable, we consider this an astonishing feat.

We extend our greatest thanks to all those who have dedicated their time, effort and money to helping XenForo reach this day. That means all those who have purchased licenses, answered questions on the forums, written add-ons, designed styles, painted graphics, modified templates or written tutorials and guides. Thank you all.

Besides which, Jaxel has already made it clear he has no interest in working with other developers.
I work alone...

I also feel Xenforo and it's developers need to find a better way to bring great stable addons to Xenforo.
I think this discussion has great validity, just not in this thread. Maybe create a topic for this discussion, so we can get input from XF staff... I know they stated the modding area would change after XF stable, so not sure if that is what they are working on now or not! A chit chat or developer discussion thread maybe?

I think this discussion has great validity, just not in this thread. Maybe create a topic for this discussion, so we can get input from XF staff... I know they stated the modding area would change after XF stable, so not sure if that is what they are working on now or not! A chit chat or developer discussion thread maybe?
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/xenforo-com-add-ons-resources-system.7433/

I've just merged 9 separate threads related to the future add-on system.

Oh crap! I didn't know there was that much spam on my site :O

I do not intend to use the sitemap as I'm currently using a different one. If I uncheck the settings(see below), will that disable the sitemap generator or is there something else I need to do to have it completely disabled?

map.webp

Thanks!
Donation is n the way ;)

My google account shows my sitemaps are fine for my forums and wiki, but it is not working for my media nor members sections. It seems 100% of the URLs generate an error from Google "URL not allowed. This URL is not allowed for a Sitemap at this location." I just generated a new sitemap and the issue still exists.

The URLs are all valid. I tested them and they work. The permissions are set to where guests can view media and member cards. I tested and confirmed the links work for users not logged in. Sample links below:

http://www.terapvp.com/media/user-interface.16/
http://www.terapvp.com/members/admin.1/

My first question is, why is Google not allowing these URLs which are perfectly valid?
My second question is, I have appromately 50 videos uploaded but my media sitemap only generates 19 links. Why?

SitemapError.webpSitemapError-members.webp

I read some articles from others who experienced the same issue. It seems at some point Google changed their practice and does not allow sitemaps from nested directories. My sitemap was currently at www.terapvp.com/data/sitemap which means it only allows URLs from www.terapvp.com/data. I moved my xml files to my root directory, resubmitted and it worked, no errors.

So now my question is, how can I change XenUtiles to automatically place the sitemaps at my forum root directory?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom