• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to XenForo, scottglax. :)

Just to make sure, it's not the Xenporta folder you need to upload, but it's contents. The contents of the XenPorta folder are found in two folders, /js and /library and they need to be uploaded so that all files within them are uploaded to the /js and /library folders found within your XenForo installation.

I hope that's how you did it? :)

Not that this will help or differs from what your doing....But, I never go to my server to click on library/EWRporta/addon_EWRporta.xml I just find it on my local computer from the folder I uploaded to my server... now that I wrote this I'm sure it won't help but just saying...lol

Ok, just purchased and uploaded xenforo to my server this afternoon. I've finished my fresh install and I'm now trying to add the XenPorta add-on. I unzipped and placed XenPorta in the /xenforo root directory. Then, where it says 'Install from file on server:' I put this: library/EWRporta/addon_EWRporta.xml
And that gives me this:

Error
Please enter a valid file name. The requested file could not be read.
What am I doing wrong here? I'm pretty sure I'm following the directions properly. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!

Install it from the file on your computer instead.

Renada :)

Nope, it is not how I did it. I will reinstall accordingly now and report back. Thanks Saeed, that was the answer I was looking for. Thanks!

Thanks for all of the responses. I did like Saeed said and I got it to work. It wasn't really clear to me that they want you to put the contents of the /js and /library folders in the xenporta zip into those folders within /xenforo. I've got it working properly now. I'm pretty psyched to start customizing. I found an online community similar to what I'm building and was blown away by what they were able to build w/ this software and how fast it runs. Wish me luck!

Thanks for all of the responses. I did like Saeed said and I got it to work. It wasn't really clear to me that they want you to put the contents of the /js and /library folders in the xenporta zip into those folders within /xenforo. I've got it working properly now. I'm pretty psyched to start customizing. I found an online community similar to what I'm building and was blown away by what they were able to build w/ this software and how fast it runs. Wish me luck!
Congratulations and good luck! :)

You may want to delete those folders / files which you uploaded in the wrong place, just to keep things nice and tidy on the server. ;)

Xenforo should just buy this add-on and save themselves lots of development time. Also then it would be well documented and add lots of functionality to the core of the product. Look at the number of pages on this thread, it's obvious this is a MAJOR win.

Xenforo should just buy this add-on and save themselves lots of development time. Also then it would be well documented and add lots of functionality to the core of the product. Look at the number of pages on this thread, it's obvious this is a MAJOR win.

What for, it already exists and is free for them?

Then you mention "Well documented and lots of functionality", but... that'd just mean more time spent on this, etc. If it's a win, it's a win regardless. =) Although, I do understand your point, better chances of features/support.

Change the permissions for that particular user group. You'll find them at the bottom of the permissions page.

Change the permissions for that particular user group. You'll find them at the bottom of the permissions page.

At the bottom of the group permissions for unregistered/unconfirmed and all other groups,

down at the bottom,

it says:

[8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal)​
Not Set (No)​
Allow​
Never​
Can Customize Portal:​

Can Promote Threads:​

How do i allow users to view the portal and not customize it? i'm having difficulty =/

you need to go into each block i.e Facebook block in mid bottom there is a check box to prevent customization

ACP options Xenporta blocks Facebook block etc...

There indeed isn't. I mentioned that for allowing / disallowing members to customize the portal (though I was a bit late. :D).

If the permissions are right, and they still can't see anything, then you probably haven't enabled any modules yet.

you need to go into each block i.e Facebook block in mid bottom there is a check box to prevent customization

ACP options Xenporta blocks Facebook block etc...

So i'm supposed to allow every group to customize the portal and un check the blocks to prevent customization? That's the only way?..

Kind of wierd =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom