• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So i'm supposed to allow every group to customize the portal and un check the blocks to prevent customization? That's the only way?..

Kind of wierd =/

No, if you disallow customization in the ACP for the entire add-on you don't need to check every block (unless something's changed in the latest release which has screwed something up).

Is there anyway to have different info on different category pages I mean if I want to cover say real estate for two different states on two separate pages with no crossover. Can I have news recent threads etc show up for say Nevada on One page and Florida on another???

It takes a while to update . samething happened to me when i used to run this add-on on my test board few months back.

interesting. i have this error too.

I've found out that deselecting the "forum" layout in options fixes this. If you don't select layout for forum. You don't have this problem.

Having a layout for "forum" also causes problems with global rss. When you click on the rss icon you get this error:

<![CDATA[ The requested page is unrepresentable as RSS. ]]>

Let's talk Slider...I noticed on http://8wayrun.com he has images in his slider that correspond to an article...that doesn't have the image used in the slider. How is this done?

I would like to put Rss feed articles/images into my slider. However I cannot figure out how to rename the incoming photo's to "slider.jpg" so how can I get those photos to appear??? Also I have user submitted photos that I would like to feature. How do I rename them to appear in the slider?

I've found out that deselecting the "forum" layout in options fixes this. If you don't select layout for forum. You don't have this problem.

Having a layout for "forum" also causes problems with global rss. When you click on the rss icon you get this error:

<![CDATA[ The requested page is unrepresentable as RSS. ]]>
Thanks, I will try it later this day.

Thanks, I will try it later this day.
Are you guys doing this step?
  • You will need to add these template edits manually if you plan on Globalizing Thread and Forum Layouts respectively... as these hooks do not yet exist in XenForo and I'm having trouble convincing Kier to add them.

At the absolute bottom of "thread_view"
    Code:
    <xen:hook name="thread_view_share_after" params="{xen:array 'thread={$thread}'}" />
    At the absolute bottom of "forum_view"
    Code:
    <xen:hook name="forum_view_pagenav_after" params="{xen:array 'forum={$forum}'}" />

Wow thanks for pointing me to the same 300 pages I been looking at and tearing my hair out over for past two weeks. Still doesn't answer how the 8wayrun layout as I linked to above was done. (is it a custom layout? or an add-on? or file I can download? or code I can copy? or just a check box????) I'm lost any help would be appreciated on how to recreate his Layout. Thanks

Wow thanks for pointing me to the same 300 pages I been looking at and tearing my hair out over for past two weeks. Still doesn't answer how the 8wayrun layout as I linked to above was done. (is it a custom layout? or an add-on? or file I can download? or code I can copy? or just a check box????) I'm lost any help would be appreciated on how to recreate his Layout. Thanks
Do you have a Xenporta installed ? Which version ?

Okay... now this is something special...
So if I enable the "THREADS" globalization... I can create custom layouts for not only the default thread view, but also individual threads themselves! (a layout of THREAD-7146 will only apply to the thread #7146; while a layout with THREAD will apply to all threads)

HOLY S**T !
I missed / forgot about this.
I gotta take some time to digest the implications of this.
It's either seriously awesome or crazy seriously awesome.
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom