• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Default settings block cache time is 1 hours.

ACP > Home > Options > XenPorta Blocks > Installed Blocks
Empt block chacke.

ACP > Home > Options > XenPorta Blocks > Recent Slider

Have you made your slider image the same size as set in here?

Renada :)
Thanks, I missed that part
I've now added an image to that thread that's the correct size and
I had it named as slider.jpg as well, it needed to be slide.jpg

thanks for the help everyone :)

I have used the same image as specified dimensions in settings, still I am having issue.

and also what does one hour block cache means ? Images appear after one hour ?

@brandon - how did u add mailing list in sidebar

I have used the same image as specified dimensions in settings, still I am having issue.

I think you have set you permission that you can configure your personal portal page. set it to no and you can see all like your members can see.
this is often a problem for admins, because they can not see what they have changed for the users.
better set this permission on no for all.

search "mailchimp" and you'll find the plugin, then someone shared the code to add that subscription box :)

@principia - I hope you are talking about Portal mod permissions. They seem fine. And also my forum is empty, no members. As viewed from guest OR logged as admin, it is still looking same.

@brandon - thanks mate :)

@principia - I hope you are talking about Portal mod permissions. They seem fine. And also my forum is empty, no members. As viewed from guest OR logged as admin, it is still looking same.

@brandon - thanks mate :)

I mean "Can Customize Portal permission" set it to not set for Admin.

I keep getting

"The provided file was not a valid XML file. Please provide a valid XML file."

when I try to install 1.5.1

I have an app that is hard-coded to post back to "index.php?something=value" -- There is no way to get around the hard-coding and no way of changing it. That is not the problem. :) The request is being handled via ControllerPublic_Index.

The problem I am running into is if somebody running XenPorta has the "Set as Index Controller" turned on then the it conflicts. For the moment I can get around it by modifying /library/EWRporta/Listener/Init.php and changing...
Code:
EWRporta_Helper_Index::setDefaultRoute($config, $data);
... and wrapping a conditional around it...
Code:
if (empty($_REQUEST['something'])) {
}
... but is there a more graceful way of handling it?:oops:
Anybody have any thoughts on this one?

I have an app that is hard-coded to post back to "index.php?something=value" -- There is no way to get around the hard-coding and no way of changing it. That is not the problem. :) The request is being handled via ControllerPublic_Index.

The problem I am running into is if somebody running XenPorta has the "Set as Index Controller" turned on then the it conflicts. For the moment I can get around it by modifying /library/EWRporta/Listener/Init.php and changing...
Code:
... and wrapping a conditional around it...
Code:
if (empty($_REQUEST['something'])) {
}
... but is there a more graceful way of handling it?:oops:

How you getting on with this? Did you find a better way?

I'm trying to add Block's from the ACP XenPorta add blocks area but I keep getting "The provided file was not a valid XML file. Please provide a valid XML file." any ideas as to why I cannot add blocks???

I'm trying to add Block's from the ACP XenPorta add blocks area but I keep getting "The provided file was not a valid XML file. Please provide a valid XML file." any ideas as to why I cannot add blocks???

Answer to my own question I was pulling the xml from wrong folder I was trying "Blocks" folder and should be using the XML_Addons folder

OK so this is the first time I am using XenForo just installed it fresh in /forum now this is my first addon to be installed I want this in / how do I do that.

I already have installed both XenForo and this addon just want to know how can I move portal to / and /forum will stay at /forum

OK so this is the first time I am using XenForo just installed it fresh in /forum now this is my first addon to be installed I want this in / how do I do that.

I already have installed both XenForo and this addon just want to know how can I move portal to / and /forum will stay at /forum

Install XenForo in the root directory, then with the XenPorta add on the portal page shows in the root and the forums show in /forum.

Upgrading from < 1.5.0:
  • If you are upgrading from a version before 1.5.0, you MUST uninstall XenPorta first!
  • After uninstalling XenPorta, make sure to DELETE all relevant /library and /js files!
  • Finally, make sure ALL XenPorta tables have been dropped from your database!

How can i delete xenporta tables from my forum database? Could anybody explain?

There is only "EWRporta_promotes" table looks like relevant to xenporta. is it enough if i delete this?

1. How shall I add a left side bar ? It should display only on portal page not actually on /forums [I will be adding facebook group, subscription box left side bar]

2. I want to add a poll on right side bar. How ?

3. I have a box which displays different images every time user refreshes the page. It is coded in PHP. You can see demo here. How shall I add this to right side bar ?

4. A HTML box in left side bar.

4. Display top posters. May be top 10 posters on left side bar.

5. Latest registered members on left side bar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom