• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive narrowed it down a bit now! Its something to do with the Facebook block on the portal. If I remove it, the scroll bar vanishes from IE9 and Chrome and dosent appear whislt loading in FF.

Still puzzled though, im guessing the majority of xenportal users use the facebook block, but no-one else has complained about scroll bars. :confused:

Anyone else having a scroll bar appear when using the facebook block?

Once I add this file how long will it take for the last donation to show up... or will it only show donations made after the file was added?
Paypal will continually try to verify the IPN for up to 5 days before it calls it quits. So chances are, the last donation should show up eventually.

Anyone else having a scroll bar appear when using the facebook block?
This happens when the Facebook block is on the right of the Portal. Moving the block to the left solves it.
Occurs on non-fixed page widths above ~976 pixels (IIRC) and fluid layouts.
Not a bug, defo a Facebook "thing".

Once I add this file how long will it take for the last donation to show up... or will it only show donations made after the file was added?

If you have set your IPN to listen to donation_callback.php It will start to catalog all donations made after you have set it up correctly.

On a side note.. I am looking for an html block for XenPorta So I can put stuff like a YouTube Sub and make my Own affiliate button section. I currently have these things through [DB]Widget Framwork.. But it conflicts with XenPorta's index layout. I really don't need it if I had an html block with XenPorta.

This is probably really obvious to everyone who understands this plugin but I'm a bit lost. I downloaded and installed it and right now as I'm running my forum in /forum/ directory the portal is at /portal/portal. Anyways what I want is the portal home page to look like this -

http://8wayrun.com/

The default portal layout doesn't appear to be anything like that and I don't see anyway to modify the layout (nor would I know what to do to make it look like that), there doesn't appear to be a rotating story block, etc. I assumed that out of the box this would look like 8wayrun.com and my install doesn't. Was that a false assumption? Am I doing something wrong?

Running XenForo 1.1.0 Beta 4.

Please advise.

Thanks,
Tim

This is probably really obvious to everyone who understands this plugin but I'm a bit lost. I downloaded and installed it and right now as I'm running my forum in /forum/ directory the portal is at /portal/portal. Anyways what I want is the portal home page to look like this -

http://8wayrun.com/

The default portal layout doesn't appear to be anything like that and I don't see anyway to modify the layout (nor would I know what to do to make it look like that), there doesn't appear to be a rotating story block, etc. I assumed that out of the box this would look like 8wayrun.com and my install doesn't. Was that a false assumption? Am I doing something wrong?

Running XenForo 1.1.0 Beta 4.

Please advise.

Thanks,
Tim

Which version of XenPorta do you have installed? Prior to the current version 1.5.0 the layout controls were on the portal page itself. Have you moved blocks into the portal layout? The slider block(rotating stories) needs to be installed from XML_addons in the Library folder then moved into position.

I have 1.5.0 installed. I moved a few blocks onto the layout but didn't know there were other non-installed blocks available. I added the RecentSlider.xml but nothing is populating it.

Tim

Have you set user permissions?

If you drag the facebook block into the portal and save it, do you see that loading?

I have 1.5.0 installed. I moved a few blocks onto the layout but didn't know there were other non-installed blocks available. I added the RecentSlider.xml but nothing is populating it.

Tim

You will have to set the Forum for the slider to pull from. It is set from the Recent News block, then the first post in each thread of that forum must have an image attached named slide.jpg

what does promotion do then? I wanted to promote the stories to the portal home page. I thought they'd be in crono order in the slider and stories below?

Tim

When I try to uninstall the add-on, I get this error after confirming delete

Error
The requested template could not be found

How do I uninstall it?

Same issue, yet I've un-installed it before just fine, though.

Also made sure none of the XenPorta templates were edited.

Kind of stumped on this one, was planning on updating to 1.5 today. :S

Same issue, yet I've un-installed it before just fine, though.

Also made sure none of the XenPorta templates were edited.

Kind of stumped on this one, was planning on updating to 1.5 today. :S

Try using the install.php file from the 1.5.0 package... that's what I had to do and it worked. Upload the install.php from the new package then you should be able to uninstall the old add on. (root/library/EWRporta/Install.php)

I have found everything I need, or so I thought.

I have the Recent Accordion going, and I would also like to have a "Recent News" Feed as well. I want the Recent News feed to pull out of another forum, and let the Recent Accordion continue to pull from where it is right now. I think it has something to do with having two Recent News Blocks, but after reading through this multiple times, I haven't found anything confirmed in order to achieve this. Is it possible to do this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom