• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Click Administrate Modules on the top of the portal page:

Screen shot 2011-10-01 at 11.29.43 PM.webp

Then click the name of the module:

Screen shot 2011-10-01 at 11.28.56 PM.webp

You can set group permissions:

Screen shot 2011-10-01 at 11.30.14 PM.webp

I´ve got a question to you, Mr. Jaxel.

I upgraded my Portal and saw that there are many nice addons :) For example the "article view". The problem of "article view" is that my attached file does not show. Is it possible to show attached file in article view?

I´ve got a question to you, Mr. Jaxel.

I upgraded my Portal and saw that there are many nice addons :) For example the "article view". The problem of "article view" is that my attached file does not show. Is it possible to show attached file in article view?
[ATTACH]

I mean the exist one. A few day ago i wrote some news with attached files. Now i upgraded the portal and want to you the article addon. I can see the news but without my attached files.

|edit: For example - normal post with attached file.
Unbenannt.webp

Hello Jaxel,

I faced a strange issue,
when I go to : /portal/modules/ it redirects to the website home (the portal). so I am not able to enable or edit the modules.

and please note that I double checked my permissions, but I still have this issue.

Your help is really appreciated.

thanks

small suggestion.

In article view, do you think it would be good to have addiational information about the author(of first post) such as date registered, last seen, post count, or status shown below the "by username"? Just to make it more like an authentic article?

Hello Jaxel,

I faced a strange issue,
when I go to : /portal/modules/ it redirects to the website home (the portal). so I am not able to enable or edit the modules.

and please note that I double checked my permissions, but I still have this issue.

Your help is really appreciated.

thanks
Your permissions are wrong.

a little PUSH ;) Is it possible to write a private message, Jaxel ?
I haven't understood a single thing you've said...

Rost35: it is a bit hard to understand what you did ... here is my guess ... please confirm.

a little PUSH ;) Is it possible to write a private message, Jaxel ?
I think he means "BUMP". :)

Rost35 said: For example the "article view". The problem of "article view" is that my attached file does not show. Is it possible to show attached file in article view?

A few day ago i wrote some news with attached files. Now i upgraded the portal and want to you the article addon. I can see the news but without my attached files. For example - normal post with attached file.
In your post, you have a .exe file as an example. Do image attachments show up alright with XenPorta's new "Article view" ?

I think he means his .exe file wasn't visible when he used the Article View for an Announcements forum like http://8wayrun.com/threads/fanart-friday-swimsuit-edition.8097/

Thats because its an article, and attachments are default hidden on the article view. If you want an attachment to appear on an article... I will defer to the previous answer I gave... [ATTACH]

I get this error on the Facebook Module:

There was an error fetching the like box for the specified page.

Anyone know why this happens?

@ Digital Doctor: Yes that is right. I was hurry up, so i wrote german-english... I am sorry...

@ Jaxel: Yes i read it twice ("ATTACH"), but i was confused about this code-block.

Now it works - Thank, Jaxel!

How does it differ compared to a style or theme?
It is not a Style. Styles just change the look of existing parts of Xenforo.

Xenporta is an Addon and it adds new functions to Xenforo.
Then main thing it adds is ... a Home Page !

Example: http://bukkit.org/ uses XenPorta as their Home Page. You can see lots of neat things there (Important threads, a twitter feed, etc.) Without XenPorta when you go to bukkit.org you would likely get a page that looks like a forum - like this : http://forums.bukkit.org/

get it ?

Thats because its an article, and attachments are default hidden on the article view. If you want an attachment to appear on an article... I will defer to the previous answer I gave... [ATTACH]
Oh boy I hope 1.1 is not going to be to much of a mess for you. Good luck ahead of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom