• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I try to make my mods as self-explanatory as possible... so I don't have to give support. I hate giving support. Besides, every minute I'm giving support for things people can easily figure out on their own, is another minute I'm not programming.

I think I'm missing something here. Was there an explanation in the first post like "this mod doesn't work with widget framework" or something like that? What is self explantory? As a standart user did I have to know this widget framework extends the core thread model class?

I have started using your mods live for 5 days and I have not donated YET. Not because I don't want to, but because I'm not fully happy with them yet. Don't get me wrong they are great but there are these little things also in other mods. I posted my problems but most of them were ignored. I will donate and I will donate a good amount when I believe I can trust these products. But this attitude of yours is keeping me off.

I think I'm missing something here. Was there an explanation in the first post like "this mod doesn't work with widget framework" or something like that? What is self explantory? As a standart user did I have to know this widget framework extends the core thread model class?

I have started using your mods live for 5 days and I have not donated YET. Not because I don't want to, because I'm not fully happy with them yet. Don't get me wrong they are great but there are these little things like that also in other mods. I will donate and I will donate a good amount when I believe I can trust these products. But this attitude of yours is keeping me off.
Naw... I'm talking about a post in which ddmmh insulted me when unkn0wn asked for help on how to get the recentnews module working. He's since deleted the post, so that half of the conversation is missing.

The widget framework issue is an issue a person can't easily figure out on their own, because its a programming issue, not a client usage issue. So an issue like that doesn't really upset me, because I get to program... and I love programming.

No its not wrong. If someone is in your chatroom, then the nick field exists, this is an absolute. Just because you go into your chatroom and then check the front page, doesn't mean someone's in the chatroom list... the list is cached.
In my case yes it is. You can even see for yourself. The module is active right now... and only crashes when someone(me) is in the chatroom...

This also fails with guests...

http://www.mmazone.com.au

EDIT*** I cant leave this on waiting for you to take a look so im disabling the chatusers module... but trust me thats how it is...

Recent Threads Module setting Update

example.webp

Recent News Module setting Update

example2.webp

This is how both modules look like while trying to update my setting i went back to pages but couldn't find any other such issues i am having this issues on both laptop and my desktop . I can't update the modules itself . Sorry it might feel like i am spamming here but i need to figure this out cause i am planning to donate fair amount to remove copyright from portal.

View attachment 12705

View attachment 12706

This is how both modules look like while trying to update my setting i went back to pages but couldn't find any other such issues i am having this issues on both laptop and my desktop . I can't update the modules itself . Sorry it might feel like i am spamming here but i need to figure this out cause i am planning to donate fair amount to remove copyright from portal.
can't you open modules with a right click in another window ?
I had the same probl, but solved this way...

I've been trying to get the status update module into the forum sidebar. I can just copy this script:

Code:
<div class="section avatarList">
    <div class="secondaryContent" id="statusUpdates">
        <h3>Recent Status Updates</h3>

<xen:if hascontent="true">
        <ul>
            <xen:contentcheck>
            <xen:foreach loop="$StatusUpdates" value="$update">
                <li>
                    <xen:avatar user="$update" size="s" img="true" />
                    <a href="{xen:link members, $update}" class="username" style="display: inline;">{xen:helper richUserName, $update}</a>
                    <span class="userTitle">{$update.message} (<xen:datetime time="$update.post_date" />)</span>
                </li>
            </xen:foreach>
            </xen:contentcheck>
        </ul>
        </xen:if>
    </div>
</div>

The contentchecks don't work though. I'm very unfamiliar with xenforo coding so any help would be appreciated!

Okay... try the attached file... this one shouldn't clash with Ragtek's mods.

I don't like how Ragtek's mods extends the core thread model... but I guess I'll have to live with it.

That one fixed it Jaxel, thanks :)

One other curious thing - using the original file and leaving forums to pull threads from as "Unspecified" pulled all threads the same as if all forums were chosen. Permissions were also respected.

Regards,
Renada

View attachment 12705

View attachment 12706

I have the same issue. Are you using Firefox? Try looking at it in Internet Explorer - that worked for me but I'd like for it to work in Firefox too as that's the browser I use.

Renada :)

I have the same issue. Are you using Firefox? Try looking at it in Internet Explorer - that worked for me but I'd like for it to work in Firefox too as that's the browser I use.

Renada :)

Yup FF problem well hopefully jaxel will fix it later till then it's alrite i was just reporting so we will have a perfect portal .

Jaxel,

A quick heads up, as a forum gets more and more threads your RecentThreads block will slow the system down. As an example, on my test forum with 230,000 threads the portal page can take up to 13 seconds to load. This is due to the fact you have no date cutoff inside RecentThreads.php.

As a quick fix I have limited the search to the last 7 days of threads which have been posted. It might be worth adding into the block settings a "Last number of days to search threads".

Code:
                $conditions = array(
                        'last_post_date' => array('>', XenForo_Application::$time - 86400 * 7),
                        'deleted' => false,
                        'moderated' => false,
                        'forum_ids' => $params['option']['recentthreads_forum']
                );

That takes my portal load time down from 13 seconds to:

Timing: 0.0722 seconds Memory: 5.270 MB DB Queries: 17

Ah, forgot to add another thing,

the Facebook block also has a little bug (not sure if its your mod or FB) in it. If you link it to your FaceBook page/group and then like the FaceBook page/group it shows the correct number of 8 people, but the bottom 4 have their names cutoff due to the fact that inside the block FB says "You like this. Unlike this" so pushes the content down.

Possibly due to a hardcoded block size?

You can change the size in this template Deebs "EWRporta_Block_FaceBook" that's what I did anyway (I had the same problem as you)

Cheers, that fixed it. Also noticed something else, the facebook page is not centred in the block, same as recent status updates.....

Cheers, that fixed it. Also noticed something else, the facebook page is not centred in the block, same as recent status updates.....
Hmm seems ok for me Deebs maybe you'er sidebar is bigger than my one ? 260px here.

Okay... try the attached file... this one shouldn't clash with Ragtek's mods.

I don't like how Ragtek's mods extends the core thread model... but I guess I'll have to live with it.
Great !
This solved my problem with Forum threads displaying (I use WF)...
Any possibility to have, sooner or later, XenPorta Poll/Html/Rss Modules ?
:D:p

Really you are doing a super job...

RSS modules are already here in multiple formats. There is Calorie's RSS parser and Brogan's RSS feed, both of which work on the portal page. As for the rest, Jaxel provided the framework to insert most any type of code into a block.

Great !
This solved my problem with Forum threads displaying (I use WF)...
Any possibility to have, sooner or later, XenPorta Poll/Html/Rss Modules ?
:D:p

Really you are doing a super job...
RSS modules are already here in multiple formats. There is Calorie's RSS parser and Brogan's RSS feed, both of which work on the portal page. As for the rest, Jaxel provided the framework to insert most any type of code into a block.
Oracle meant THIS thread I believe.

Anyone know how to fix the FB module for flexile dark? I want to start utilizing it but the bottom row of names is cut off and the text is too dark to read, any suggestions? Cheers

FB.webp

you are lucky your fb module works. Mine hasn't for a while. I noticed that the block on Jaxel's site isn't working either so I assumed it was a widespread issue due to recent fb changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom