• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay... I figured out the issue... as it turns out, the query preparation couldn't handle a comma delimited string...

Attached is a new version of EWRporta_Block_RecentNews which you can upload to your server if needed.

I will include the fixed file in the next release.
This was EXACTLY what I was looking for. I couldnt figure out why It would not choose more than one forum to pull from

I get the following error when I try to install any module in 1.2 :(

Server Error
SimpleXMLElement::__construct() [simplexmlelement.--construct]: /tmp/phpJeV1uU:77: parser error : ParsePI: PI php never end ...
  1. [*]XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
    [*]SimpleXMLElement->__construct() in EWRporta/Model/Modules.php at line 53
    [*]EWRporta_Model_Modules->importModule() in EWRporta/ControllerPublic/Portal.php at line 106
    [*]EWRporta_ControllerPublic_Portal->actionImport() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
    [*]XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
    [*]XenForo_FrontController->run() in /public_html/index.php at line 15

I get the following error when I try to install any module in 1.2 :(

Server Error
SimpleXMLElement::__construct() [simplexmlelement.--construct]: /tmp/phpJeV1uU:77: parser error : ParsePI: PI php never end ...
  1. [*]XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
    [*]SimpleXMLElement->__construct() in EWRporta/Model/Modules.php at line 53
    [*]EWRporta_Model_Modules->importModule() in EWRporta/ControllerPublic/Portal.php at line 106
    [*]EWRporta_ControllerPublic_Portal->actionImport() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
    [*]XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
    [*]XenForo_FrontController->run() in /public_html/index.php at line 15
are you importing the xml files? or php files?
youre supposed to import the files in the xml directory

Hi there, this seems like a great mod. Unfortunatly its not doing for me as discribed here, so I must be doing something wrong, unfortunatly Up to now I have failed to figure out what.

I have set the permissions properly
As soon as i enter the modules page it does not show any modules just import module, which after clicking reloads the page. For the rest it tells me there are no modules on display.

Suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Hi there, this seems like a great mod. Unfortunatly its not doing for me as discribed here, so I must be doing something wrong, unfortunatly Up to now I have failed to figure out what.

I have set the permissions properly
As soon as i enter the modules page it does not show any modules just import module, which after clicking reloads the page. For the rest it tells me there are no modules on display.

Suggestions? Thanks in advance!

You need to import the xml files. They are with the install of the portal, you would of extracted this somewhere on your PC, find it and look the XML files to import @ library/EWRporta/xml

You import the XML files you want from there

Okay, I hate having to ask for support, and I'm sure I'm doing something wrong here, but I really can't figure this one out.

I've had the portal and wiki combined installed previously. Today I upgraded to the latest XenForo beta, and decided I also wanted to update the wiki and portal.

I deleted the entire EWRporta folder, uploaded the new files with overwriting on, uninstalled the wiki and portal mod, and installed the portal.

So far, so good. The portal shows up. I can see the module page. I can add modules. I can order modules. But if I put ány modules on ánything else than disabled (so the recent threads on center, for example) when I go to the portal page it shows a white page with the text: An unexpected database error occurred. Please try again later.

If I disable it again the portal works just fine again, just empty without any modules.

What did I do wrong here, or what am I supposed to do? I've read this entire thread like 3 times now but I just can't find any good answer. Could it be something with outdated templates that still need reverting? It doesn't work on either a normal style or a custom one.

Any help perhaps?

When you deleted it previously did you just delete it via FTP? or Did you use the add_on Delete option from within XenForo itself via the ACP? I have had issues with it before in the sense that I installed the old version so I used the method from within the ACP and had no problems later with the re-install and implementation.

If you just deleted everything from outside the program then most likely it did not uninstall inside XenForo and you could now have some corruption or bad files of some sort.

Try using the uninstall option and then reinstall it again.

It might do the trick, I make no promises. ;)

Also, when uploading the actual modules make sure they are coming from your harddrive.

I used the uninstaller from XenForo before, I deleted the EWRPorta folder from FTP obviously.

Now I'm trying to uninstall it again, but now I get an error:

Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column 'module_name' in 'where clause'

1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
2. Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 753
5. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchRow() in EWRporta/Model/Cache.php at line 11
6. EWRporta_Model_Cache->getCacheByName() in EWRporta/DataWriter/Cache.php at line 25
7. EWRporta_DataWriter_Cache->_getExistingData() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 505
8. XenForo_DataWriter->setExistingData() in EWRporta/Model/Modules.php at line 143
9. EWRporta_Model_Modules->deleteModule() in EWRporta/Install.php at line 52
10. EWRporta_Install::uninstallCode() in XenForo/DataWriter/AddOn.php at line 148
11. XenForo_DataWriter_AddOn->_postDelete() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1645
12. XenForo_DataWriter->delete() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 114
13. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionDelete() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
14. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
15. XenForo_FrontController->run() in .../admin.php at line 13

When I try to delete a module I get the same error.

you used the uninstall function, then deleted from ftp, then reuploaded to ftp, then reinstalled the mod?
manually remove the ewrporta db tables before reinstalling and see how that works out.

It wouldn't let me uninstall, so it wouldn't let me install either anymore. But by deleting the tables and then upgrading the portal, it fixed it.

Thanks for the help.

It hasnt been that hard for me, I just upload the new files through FTP overwriting them, Then in the admin control panel, selecting upgrade, using the new xml document in the latest package, done! :)

It hasnt been that hard for me, I just upload the new files through FTP overwriting them, Then in the admin control panel, selecting upgrade, using the new xml document in the latest package, done! :)
Yeh, normally that would be enough. I think it's the fact that portal and wiki used to be one addon and now are two different things that got me. Ah well, it works again. :)

Can anyone help me with the redirect?
I am running my board in root.
Use Full Friendly URLs and Include Content Title in URLs are checked.
Whatever i try, i dont get it redirected to the portal

Can anyone help me with the redirect?
I am running my board in root.
Use Full Friendly URLs and Include Content Title in URLs are checked.
Whatever i try, i dont get it redirected to the portal
You need to put your forum into a subdirectory otherwise I dont think its possible to re-direct without issues from a root dir.

hmm..thats not really what i want to be honest ;) Thanks for the Info
its not what anybody wants, but its the truth.
if you want yoursite.com/index.php to be the portal page you will need to shift the forum into a subdirectory.

I'm getting an error when visiting the portal..

any ideas?

Server Error Log

Error Info​
XenForo_Exception: Invalid model 'EWRmedio_Model_Keywords' specified - library/XenForo/Model.php:192
Generated By: mmalamos, 9 minutes ago
Stack Trace​
#0 /home/hummy/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/Model.php(113): XenForo_Model::create('EWRmedio_Model_...') #1 /home/hummy/public_html/forum/library/EWRporta/Block/MediaCloud.php(7): XenForo_Model->getModelFromCache('EWRmedio_Model_...') #2 /home/hummy/public_html/forum/library/EWRporta/ViewPublic/Portal.php(33): EWRporta_Block_MediaCloud->getModule(Array) #3 /home/hummy/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php(212): EWRporta_ViewPublic_Portal->renderHtml() #4 /home/hummy/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php(69): XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject('EWRporta_ViewPu...', 'Html', Array, 'EWRporta_Portal') #5 /home/hummy/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(533): XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderView('EWRporta_ViewPu...', Array, 'EWRporta_Portal', NULL) #6 /home/hummy/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(156): XenForo_FrontController->renderView(Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_View), Object(XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic), Array) #7 /home/hummy/public_html/forum/index.php(15): XenForo_FrontController->run() #8 {main}
Request State​
array(3) { ["url"] => string(39) "http://sitedd.tv/forum/index.php?portal/" ["_GET"] => array(1) { ["portal/"] => string(0) "" } ["_POST"] => array(0) { } }

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom