• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't access it at all, i've removed and reinstalled quite a few times now i get the error "an error has occured, please try later" I get this when trying to access the portal or the module config part..not sure what to do :(

I can't access it at all, i've removed and reinstalled quite a few times now i get the error "an error has occured, please try later" I get this when trying to access the portal or the module config part..not sure what to do :(

Do you mean after upgrading to beta6 or latest Xenporta version ? I ran the beta6 upgrade on a fully functional copy site with this add-on and I access the module (page)

Anyone know how to change the font size of the text in the portal? Ive emailed Jaxel a few times but no reply, thanks.

Anyone know how to change the font size of the text in the portal? Ive emailed Jaxel a few times but no reply, thanks.
the tiny font used in the news module?
if so, edit template EWRporta_Block_RecentNews (actually, thats where i set the 'news avatar')
if so, edit template EWRporta_Portal:
find:
Code:
<td id="centerBlocks" class="centerBlocks sidebar">
change to:
Code:
<td id="centerBlocks" class="centerBlocks">

the tiny font used in the news module?
if so, edit template EWRporta_Block_RecentNews
Thats the one! Thanks.
Im not a coder so I am not sure what to edit or even what to put in there. I assume it has something to do with editing the following??

Code:
                <div class="messageContent">
                    {xen:raw $news.messageHtml}...
                    <a href="{xen:link threads, $news}">{xen:phrase continue}</a>
                </div>

sorry, i edited my post above.
i realised that my edit to EWRporta_Block_RecentNews actually was due to wanting to return to the earlier portal behaviour of posting the user avatar and ignoring attachments.

sorry, i edited my post above.
i realised that my edit to EWRporta_Block_RecentNews actually was due to wanting to return to the earlier portal behaviour of posting the user avatar and ignoring attachments.
Thanks Dieketzer,

Like i said im no coder lol but your edited post I dont understand how that changes the font size?

find:
Code:

change to:
Code:

If I change this, how do I change the text size? Thanks mate.

Nevermind. I thought id try your edit. Im not sure what it does, but it works great, text is much more readable :) thanks dietketzer!

the sidebar class is what causes the tiny font.
you can then see .centerBlocks in template 'EWRporta.css' (or preferably override in EXTRA.css)
.centerBlocks { width: auto; float: none; vertical-align: top; }

some examples of changes:
giant text: .centerBlocks { width: auto; float: none; vertical-align: top; font-size: 18px;}
use secondaryPrimary colour: .centerBlocks { width: auto; float: none; vertical-align: top; color: @secondaryPrimary;}

preferred method is to paste changes into EXTRA.css, ie

.centerBlocks
{
font-size: 18px !important;
}

Nevermind. I thought id try your edit. Im not sure what it does, but it works great, text is much more readable :) thanks dietketzer!
all it does is force the news to inherit the default xenforo font size, since no font size is dictated in 'centerBlocks'

I'd love to see a before and after screenshot of this font change thing as I think XenPorta's default font size is too small.
Well I just followed what dieketzer said.

Find template 8WRporta_Portal

Find:
Code:

Replace with:
Code:

Just doing that made the text significantly easier to read.

If you want to customise the actual font size add the following to the EXTRA.CSS template and change font size number to whatever suits your needs :)
Code:
.centerBlocks
{
font-size: 18px !important;
}

Full credit to Dieketzer for providing this template mod. I think a lot of people can benefit from this.

I dont have a before shot but heres an after shot.
after.webp

I have to say I believe this is a permission issue. Can you verify your permissions? Make sure the admin has no "secondary" group and is set to Yes on Portal Admin.
I say this because I have absolutely no issues, but have seen the same issues when I had permissions set wrong.
Thanks for that, I checked user and group permissions for admin and all is good, but still no worki?

Ok another small issue.

I upgraded to Beta 6, reinstalled the portal and now the recent news block wont's work.

So I went into the layout and deleted the block and tried to reimport it......

Now I get an error...
Server Error

SimpleXMLElement::__construct(): /tmp/phpwR9EvR:77: parser error : ParsePI: PI php never end ...

Anyone have any cunning ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom