• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Comment out the following line in "EWRporta_Listener_Init" to disable the route index for now...
Code:
EWRporta_Helper_Index::setDefaultRoute($config, $data);

Nope still has not fixed its self! I still cant get to the module page but after the upgrade the portal page is now my default home page? Not sure how that happened as I didn't set it as the index page?

portal.webp

I can't swich to /forums. Even if I manually type sitename/forums I'm being redirected to the portal, strange... For now, I disabled the event listener.

[8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal) v1.2.1 CHANGELOG
  • Shadab's Set your own Route/Controller as Homepage mod has been built in!
    • the portal will now be /index and forums will be at /forums
  • Upcoming events module block can now limit itself only to events with live streams.
  • Recent media module block can now display gallery based media.
  • Recent news module block now properly selects multiple forums.

You did it again! Adding the route controller to make the homepage the portal is exactly the finishing touch needed! Great job!

Want to share to us how you make it so the banner on your portal randomly rotates??

I've already told you how to turn it off.

I can't swich to /forums. Even if I manually type sitename/forums I'm being redirected to the portal, strange... For now, I disabled the event listener.​
Any Idea why this is happening Jaxel ?​

JAXEL I LOVE YOUR MODS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU FOR INVESTING YOUR TIME AND EFFORT IN MAKING THEM. I REALLY APPRECIATE ALL THE WORK YOU HAVE DONE!!! WHEN I HAVE SOME MONEY IN PAYPAL I WILL GLADLY SHOOT YOU $50USD!!!!!!!

I am having a problem figuring out how to access your the modules page. I am admin 2 (superadmin defined in config file) and I have set administrator permissions to Allow (in green) for the portal. The installation was flawless and I had no errors. I have gone to the "Options" page and I have opened up the "Portal Options" at the bottom of the list, however I only see this

Untitled-3.webp

If you can help me with this, I would gladly make some video documentation to help other users so you don't have to answer the redundant amount of questions you receive.

Once again, thank you!!! You work is VERY APPRECIATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe ... put here's his queue.

Projects: (in order of priority)
[8WayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal)
[8WayRun.Com] XenCarta (Lite Wiki)
[8WayRun.Com] XenMedio (Media Library)
[8WayRun.Com] XenAtendo (Event Forum)
[8WayRun.Com] XenTorneo (Tournaments)
[8WayRun.Com] XenGrado (Rank Ladder)
[8WayRun.Com] XenDownloado (Downloads) ?

I heard the Downloads II developer was considering a Downloads addon.
Honestly... whilst I love the work Jason does, I honestly believe you would get more $$$ by creating a gallery before tournaments, ranks or download mods. The sheer cry of demand from so many here has been for a gallery product. This type of product that integrates so well with what you already have, would really begin to polish off the existing products.

Just my two cents...

I had a problem with last version of XenPorta. If i try to upload the news module i get that error:

The field 'module_cache' was not recognised

What can i do?

Honestly... whilst I love the work Jason does, I honestly believe you would get more $$$ by creating a gallery before tournaments, ranks or download mods. The sheer cry of demand from so many here has been for a gallery product. This type of product that integrates so well with what you already have, would really begin to polish off the existing products.

Just my two cents...

Agree with you Anthony, for us some of the existing mods lack a few extra features that prevent us from using them, other than that we'd use them at the drop of a hat and would donate to Jaxel for his efforts, and not so we can remove the copyright on them. Perhaps take a leaf out of K &M's books and perfect what you have before moving on?

And I say this running a gaming community that would love tournament and ladder software for XF but don't mind waiting for that if we get a portal and events system, that for us, we can use.

I've already told you how to turn it off.

JAXEL I LOVE YOUR MODS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU FOR INVESTING YOUR TIME AND EFFORT IN MAKING THEM. I REALLY APPRECIATE ALL THE WORK YOU HAVE DONE!!! WHEN I HAVE SOME MONEY IN PAYPAL I WILL GLADLY SHOOT YOU $50USD!!!!!!!

I am having a problem figuring out how to access your the modules page. I am admin 2 (superadmin defined in config file) and I have set administrator permissions to Allow (in green) for the portal. The installation was flawless and I had no errors. I have gone to the "Options" page and I have opened up the "Portal Options" at the bottom of the list, however I only see this

View attachment 9605

If you can help me with this, I would gladly make some video documentation to help other users so you don't have to answer the redundant amount of questions you receive.

Once again, thank you!!! You work is VERY APPRECIATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am having the same problem, with no luck with getting help, I have even sent jaxel a PM, and all I could get out of him was "I probably already helped you" which i think I would remember. Anyways, Jaxel has some great mods, but dont ask too many question you'll become black listed! ;)

I am having the same problem, with no luck with getting help, I have even sent jaxel a PM, and all I could get out of him was "I probably already helped you" which i think I would remember. Anyways, Jaxel has some great mods, but dont ask too many question you'll become black listed! ;)
Well its CLEARLY a permission issue... and I am so sick of teaching people how to do permissions in XenForo.

XenForo is in BETA... and I expect people to have at least some basic knowledge of how XenForo works.

Agree with you Anthony, for us some of the existing mods lack a few extra features that prevent us from using them, other than that we'd use them at the drop of a hat and would donate to Jaxel for his efforts, and not so we can remove the copyright on them. Perhaps take a leaf out of K &M's books and perfect what you have before moving on?
What features? I've created a modularized system thats very easy to create your own blocks. Is there really anything left to do with this mod besides put in a switch to enable/disable the index routing?

Well its CLEARLY a permission issue... and I am so sick of teaching people how to do permissions in XenForo.

XenForo is in BETA... and I expect people to have at least some basic knowledge of how XenForo works.

So would there be some hidden permission I dont know about, have you looked at the posts I made asking about it?? Someone mentioned permission and I looked over them, Allow, Allow, Allow. I like to believe I know how the permissions work. I never had a problem with the permissions in the past but after the update before this last one, the module link disappeared, but like I said, you cant ask a question without being labled a dumbass! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom