• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal)

Status
Not open for further replies.
having great success with this mod outside the inability to load the modules (which im not very anxious about at the moment).
i do, however, wish there was an easier way to disable recent threads, or at least move it below the news entries.

Okay... permission fix will be included in next version... you can do it now manually...

in Models/Theads.php FIND:
Code:
		foreach ($threads AS &$thread)
		{
			$thread = $this->getModelFromCache('XenForo_Model_Thread')->prepareThread($thread, $thread);
			$thread['canInlineMod'] = false;
			$thread['canEditThread'] = false;
		}

ADD ABOVE:
Code:
		foreach ($threads AS &$thread)
		{
			$thread['content_type'] = 'thread';
			$thread['content_id'] = $thread['thread_id'];
		}

$threads = $this->getModelFromCache('XenForo_Model_Search')->getViewableSearchResults($threads);

Not test yet but i suppose it works.
May I ask something more? If the viewable thread is configurable, that means for some private forum can bypass permission to shown in portal. Guest can read the extract, if he want to read full article, he must sign up.

A question to those of you using this.

Can a thread be promoted from the forum onto this portal and comments and posts be displayed both inside the forum an on the portal?

Can it be made double column? Is there away to create an index for the various items on the portal? If I want to frequently change the order of the items on the portal is that hard to do?

If there is magazine layour, featured thread which selected by admin to promote in portal is very good. jonsidneyb's is very good.

I can foresee this mod will became a must have of xf.

although iam aware it is a 'niche request', featuring my read-only .plan thread would be incredibly awesome.
If there is magazine layour, featured thread which selected by admin to promote in portal is very good. jonsidneyb's is very good.

I can foresee this mod will became a must have of xf.

in acp go to options and scroll to the bottom to access portal options. disable the home tab there (the portals tabs), then edit your other home tab in xenforo options to whatever you want it to be
When I install it I get two home links one going to home and the other going to portal, is there a way to make the home url goto / instead of portal

EG I want this : Home - http://chatfreaks.net/community/portal/ to show here : Home - http://chatfreaks.net/

in acp go to options and scroll to the bottom to access portal options. disable the home tab there (the portals tabs), then edit your other home tab in xenforo options to whatever you want it to be
I don't see how to do this. When I go to ACP>Options I see no place to access portal options. Am I missing something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom