• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal)

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can i add the [prbreak] and/or [prebreak] to the BBcode Bar, just available for Users with rights to it?
Everyone has rights to the [prebreak]; its a very simple BBcode that deletes itself from a post. Its only there for flagging purposes. When the portal sees the flag, it trims the post to that location.

ya i know.
Hmm maybe you did not understand what i wanted. very hard for me sometimes to explain....
Anyway we leave it as it is ;)

Everyone has rights to the [prebreak]; its a very simple BBcode that deletes itself from a post. Its only there for flagging purposes. When the portal sees the flag, it trims the post to that location.

I think he is looking for some advice on how you use that bbcode in a thread. :) I know i cant figure it out, though I am not a programmer, do you need to be?

ya i know.
Hmm maybe you did not understand what i wanted. very hard for me sometimes to explain....
Anyway we leave it as it is ;)

I dont want to dislpay the Xenams ads on my portal, so I was going to add a if != statement in front of the XenAMS in the page container. This isnt being accepted though, what did I do wrong?

<xen:if !="{EWRporta_Portal"}>

Quite like the Portal...exactly what i'm looking for...just an idea...

For the "recent threads" module if someone types an excessively long post title then it goes onto 2 lines in the module. What would be really neat is for the module to truncate the title onto one line adding "..." to the end of maybe even neater having it fade away before the "replies & views" column.

What about a top story module? One that is promotable and can sit above the other stories for a certain period of time and can have a slightly different look than the others to show its importance?

Im haven a problem with facebook module my name on facebook was changed to www.facebook.com/NewYorkPhotoForum and no mater what I do the Module comes up blank.
NewYorkPhotoForum is not your Facebook Page Profile ID, it is your Facebook Page's Username (a new feature they just added). You can find your ID by clicking the "Edit Page" button on your Facebook Page and looking at the URL.

Your ID is: 162713710408078

NewYorkPhotoForum is not your Facebook Page Profile ID, it is your Facebook Page's Username (a new feature they just added). You can find your ID by clicking the "Edit Page" button on your Facebook Page and looking at the URL.

Your ID is: 162713710408078
Thank you!

This is the first add-on I plan to install on my new forums. I have years of experience working with databases and microsoft apps, but zero experience with websites. I am probably being over cautious but I just want to be sure not to make a mistake. On the installation notes:

Installation:

• upload the entire contents of the attached zip to your XenForo root
My XenForo software was installed in the "community" directory of my public_html folder. Is that the folder I should upload the zip folder contents to?
  • install from file on server: "library/EWRporta/addon_EWRporta.xml"
How? Do I path to the file with my browser?

This is the first add-on I plan to install on my new forums. I have years of experience working with databases and microsoft apps, but zero experience with websites. I am probably being over cautious but I just want to be sure not to make a mistake. On the installation notes:

Installation:

• upload the entire contents of the attached zip to your XenForo root
My XenForo software was installed in the "community" directory of my public_html folder. Is that the folder I should upload the zip folder contents to?
  • install from file on server: "library/EWRporta/addon_EWRporta.xml"
How? Do I path to the file with my browser?

If your XenForo server directory is yoursitenamehere/public_html/community, then yes, that is where you should upload the contents into. If you're still unsure, you can verify you have the right folder by checking if the following sub directories are present in that folder:

data
internal_data
js
library
styles

The portal zipfile will include a js and library folder as well. When you upload those, you'll be prompted that the folders already exist and if you want to merge them. Confirm that you do.

Then after everything is uploaded, go into the AdminCP, and click on "Install add-on". The second textbox is labelled: "Install from file on server". That's where you enter the "library/EWRporta/addon_EWRporta.xml" bit.

HTH.

For the "recent threads" module if someone types an excessively long post title then it goes onto 2 lines in the module. What would be really neat is for the module to truncate the title onto one line adding "..." to the end of maybe even neater having it fade away before the "replies & views" column.
I managed to fix this by making the theme fluid

I installed XenPorta yesterday and am very pleased so far. I had some questions so I decided to read this thread first...all 38 pages (lol!). This thread is definitely in need of some clean up and I am willing to help. I can get things started by creating a clean XenPorta Q&A page but I would definitely need some help. I saw several of the same questions asked repeatedly in this thread such as "Why do I see the home tab twice" and "how do I redirect my users to the portal page" along with a few others. I can help with those but some other questions were above my head technically speaking so...my simple offer is...I can get the Q&A page started but I would need others to help review the thread to ensure the info being shared is correct. I can copy/paste but due to updates of XF or XenPorta, the info I share might no longer apply.

For my personal needs, I am seeking to understand the modules a bit better. About half the modules I was able to add to my Home page without any problem. There were 6 modules whose addition led to a "An unexpected error occurred" message. I am assuming these modules require other Xen software to be installed. For example I am aware that in order for WikiNav to work, XenCarta must be installed. As for the other three, can anyone share what's needed for them to work?

Media Cloud (is this like the "Tags" section found on most sites offering all the key words for SEO?)
Media Report
Events Upcoming / Events Calendar / Events B-day

I installed XenPorta yesterday and am very pleased so far. I had some questions so I decided to read this thread first...all 38 pages (lol!). This thread is definitely in need of some clean up and I am willing to help. I can get things started by creating a clean XenPorta Q&A page but I would definitely need some help. I saw several of the same questions asked repeatedly in this thread such as "Why do I see the home tab twice" and "how do I redirect my users to the portal page" along with a few others. I can help with those but some other questions were above my head technically speaking so...my simple offer is...I can get the Q&A page started but I would need others to help review the thread to ensure the info being shared is correct. I can copy/paste but due to updates of XF or XenPorta, the info I share might no longer apply.

For my personal needs, I am seeking to understand the modules a bit better. About half the modules I was able to add to my Home page without any problem. There were 6 modules whose addition led to a "An unexpected error occurred" message. I am assuming these modules require other Xen software to be installed. For example I am aware that in order for WikiNav to work, XenCarta must be installed. As for the other three, can anyone share what's needed for them to work?

Media Cloud (is this like the "Tags" section found on most sites offering all the key words for SEO?)
Media Report
Events Upcoming / Events Calendar / Events B-day

Xen-Events Addon handles ..upcoming Events,Events calendar,Events Bday which you need to Install seperately follow the Jaxel's signature links

Install Xenmedio for Latest media & media cloud .

Xen Wiki needs to be installed for wiki entrys .

Disable the Portal for a while install wiki if you need ,media & events then you should be able to use those modules.

[8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal) v1.2.7
  • Small change to [prebreak] and [prbreak]. Now, the contents within the break will be displayed on the portal page... So if I put "[prbreak]More after the break[/prbreak]", the text "More after the break" will only be displayed on the portal; it will not be displayed in the actual post.
  • Recent News module now shows posts by Guest Users (I think).
  • Recent News module will now only show an ellipses if the post gets truncated/prbreak'd.
  • Recent News icon priority is now Attachment > Medio > Image > Avatar.
  • Recent News block has been made neater, and looks nicer on the default skin.
New CSS codes for Flexile users...
Code:
/* FLEXILE > CONTENT CONTAINER SETTINGS */
	.EWRporta_Portal .breadBoxBottom {
		border: 1px solid @lightMonochrome;
		border-radius: 6px;
		box-shadow: 0 0 12px rgba(0,0,0,.1);
		margin: 0;
		padding: 0;
	}

.EWRporta_Portal .breadBoxBottom .breadcrumb {
		border-radius: 6px;
		border: none;
	}

#content.EWRporta_Portal .pageContent {
		padding: 0;
		background: none;
		border: none;
		border-radius: 0;
		-moz-box-shadow: none;
		-webkit-box-shadow: none;
		box-shadow: none;
	}

/* FLEXILE > PORTAL > GENERAL SETTINGS */
	.EWRporta_Portal .centerShift { margin-left: {xen:calc '@sidebar.width + 15'}px !important; }
	.EWRporta_Portal .section:first-child { margin: 0px auto 15px !important; }
	.EWRporta_Portal .section:last-child { margin: 15px auto 0px !important; }

/* FLEXILE > PORTAL > RECENT NEWS SETTINGS */
	.EWRporta_Portal #recentNews .recentNews.sectionMain
	{
		background-color: transparent;
		border: 0px;
		border-radius: 0px;
		box-shadow: none;
		-khtml-box-shadow: none;
		padding: 0px;
	}
	.EWRporta_Portal #recentNews .sectionFooter
	{
		border-bottom-left-radius: 6px;
		border-bottom-right-radius: 6px;
		margin: 10px -15px -16px !important;
	}
	.EWRporta_Portal #recentNews .subHeading,
	.EWRporta_Portal #recentThreads .sectionHeaders
	{
		border: 0px;
		{xen:property sidebarBlockHeading}
	}
	.EWRporta_Portal #recentNews .subHeading a,
	.EWRporta_Portal #recentThreads .sectionHeaders a
	{
		{xen:property sidebarBlockHeading.font}
	}

/* FLEXILE > PORTAL > RECENT THREADS SETTINGS */
	.EWRporta_Portal #recentThreads.sectionMain { padding: 0px 0px 10px; }
	.EWRporta_Portal #recentThreads .sectionHeaders
	{
		padding-left: 0px;
		padding-right: 0px;
		margin: 0px;
	}
	.EWRporta_Portal #recentThreads .sectionHeaders a span { padding: 0px 10px; }
	.EWRporta_Portal #recentThreads .sectionHeaders .lastPost { width: 160px; }
	.EWRporta_Portal #recentThreads ol.discussionListItems { margin: 0px 10px; }

I works fine i updated it few minutes back everything is working perfect.

Thanks!!, then it is a problem of mine
frown.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom