• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would this still work like this
portal = domain.com/
If forums are forums.domain.com/
media = media.domain.com/
events.domain.com/

thats the only 3 i use from you :)
think this can be done?
You can do this very easily... you just need to set it up in your server control panel and htaccess...

Just have it so that media.domain.com is an emulation of domain.com/media
Then in an htaccess, set it so that domain.com/media forwards to media.domain.com

You can do this very easily... you just need to set it up in your server control panel and htaccess...

Just have it so that media.domain.com is an emulation of domain.com/media
Then in an htaccess, set it so that domain.com/media forwards to media.domain.com

I can set it up in the server thats no problem but the htaccess and emulation bit i would fail at for sure

TADA!

Untitled-1.webp

If a user has "Promote Thread" permissions, they will see a button on a thread with "Promote Thread". Clicking on the button will bring up a promote thread popup where the user can select the date of the promotion. The promotion date defaults to the current time; but the user can put in any time they want. After clicking promote, the RecentNews module cache will be wiped automatically, so the thread will appear on the front page IMMEDIATELY.

The RecentNews module will display promoted threads AND threads located in the designated forum. News threads will be ordered by thread date if it's from the designated news forums, if a thread is a promoted thread, the promotion date will be used to determine it's order. The promotion date takes priority over the thread date, so if a thread is part of the designated forum, and you choose to promote it anyways, it will bump it up on the news list.

With the promotion date system you can even add FUTURE dates to the promotion system. The thread will exist, however it will not be placed into the front page until after the promotion date has passed. Be sure to remember about the CACHE system however, as it will take till the cache has been refreshed before you see any changes (+1 hours on my forum). You can continue to use [prebreak] in any news thead.

If you don't want to designate a forum, you dont have to. If you don't want to use the promoted threads feature, just dont give anyone permission to promote threads.

Awesome! You rock! :)

Just starting dinner preps here, so we'll have to wait till this evening to give the new feature a try, but I'll go tell Susan right now... It'll give her something to think about while making Meatloaf! ;)

Awesome! You rock! :)

Just starting dinner preps here, so we'll have to wait till this evening to give the new feature a try, but I'll go tell Susan right now... It'll give her something to think about while making Meatloaf! ;)
If I upload the new version tonight... =P

[8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal) v1.2.5 CHANGELOG
  • Added a "Promote Thread" feature. Threads can now be promoted to appear in the RecentNews block.
    • This ability is controlled by a new permission "Can Promote Threads".
  • Whenever a RecentNews block change is detected, such as from a promotion of a thread, deletion of a promoted thread, addition of a thread in a designated news forum, or deletion of a thread in a designated news forum, the RecentNews block cache will automatically be cleared.
  • RecentNews block now has page navigation.
  • XenAtendo Calender block has been added.
DONATIONS WELCOME! ;)

I have a problem with my recent news module. When I select multiple forums I get this error:

Code:
Server Error

Mysqli statement execute error : Data too long for column 'setting_value' at row 1

1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
   2. Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
   3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in EWRporta/Model/Settings.php at line 67
   4. EWRporta_Model_Settings->updateSettings() in EWRporta/ControllerPublic/Portal.php at line 91
   5. EWRporta_ControllerPublic_Portal->actionEdit() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
   6. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
   7. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/user/public_html/index.php at line 15

I have a problem with my recent news module. When I select multiple forums I get this error:

Code:
Server Error

Mysqli statement execute error : Data too long for column 'setting_value' at row 1

1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
   2. Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
   3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in EWRporta/Model/Settings.php at line 67
   4. EWRporta_Model_Settings->updateSettings() in EWRporta/ControllerPublic/Portal.php at line 91
   5. EWRporta_ControllerPublic_Portal->actionEdit() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
   6. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
   7. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/user/public_html/index.php at line 15
Setting value limit is 255 characters... you must be selecting quite a few forums to get this error.

There are about 80 nodes and sub nodes. Too much ?
Uhh... yeah

Anyways... I have just uploaded a new version of v1.2.5. If you previously installed the old version, I recommend you DELETE your entire /library/EWRporta/ directory before uploading this new version.

Hi Jaxel,

Thanks for the update. Just wondering should we be removing modules and re-adding them with every update also?

P.S. Im not sure what you did to the recentnews module but THANK YOU, it is so much faster now, theres basically no lag compared to before, also brilliant work on the promote feature and the numbered pages at the bottom of the news module is another nice touch, well done!

Hi Jaxel,

Thanks for the update. Just wondering should we be removing modules and re-adding them with every update also?

P.S. Im not sure what you did to the recentnews module but THANK YOU, it is so much faster now, theres basically no lag compared to before, also brilliant work on the promote feature and the numbered pages at the bottom of the news module is another nice touch, well done!
When you upgrade, it automatically re-installs all XML files in the /XML/ directory.

Woke up this morning to find my site down ive found the log now :D

Code:
XenForo_Exception: Invalid model 'EWRcarta_Model_Lists' specified -
#0 /home/xxxxxxxxxx/public_html/library/XenForo/Model.php(113): XenForo_Model::create('EWRcarta_Model_...')
#1 /home/xxxxxxxxxx/public_html/library/EWRporta/Block/WikiNav.php(7): XenForo_Model->getModelFromCache('EWRcarta_Model_...')
#2 /home/xxxxxxxxxx/public_html/library/EWRporta/ViewPublic/Portal.php(66): EWRporta_Block_Wikinav->getModule(Array, 1)
#3 /home/xxxxxxxxxx/public_html/library/EWRporta/ViewPublic/Portal.php(18): EWRporta_ViewPublic_Portal->getModuleParams(Array, Array, 1)
#4 /home/xxxxxxxxxx/public_html/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php(222): EWRporta_ViewPublic_Portal->renderHtml()
#5 /home/xxxxxxxxxx/public_html/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php(67): XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject('EWRporta_ViewPu...', 'Html', Array, 'EWRporta_Portal')
#6 /home/xxxxxxxxxx/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(533): XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderView('EWRporta_ViewPu...', Array, 'EWRporta_Portal', NULL)
#7 /home/xxxxxxxxxx/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(156): XenForo_FrontController->renderView(Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_View), Object(XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic), Array)
#8 /home/xxxxxxxxxx/public_html/index.php(15): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#9 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(25) "http://xxxxxxxxxx.com/"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }

Cheers

Woke up this morning to find my site down ive found the log now :D

Cheers
You cant use the Wiki Navigation module if you dont have XenCarta installed.

The next version will have error checking to make sure something like this doesn't happen.

Also... curious as to why you hide your website URL in your error report, when everyone knows your website and you link to it in your signature...

The next version will have error checking to make sure something like this doesn't happen.

Also... curious as to why you hide your website URL in your error report, when everyone knows your website and you link to it in your signature...
Old habit's die hard...

When I create a newspost with an image in it, the image just gets stuffed in the top right square rather than showing up correctly. Any way to avoid this? I can remove the square entirely in the templates, but the image doesn't show up either way.

Firstly great mod

I have a problem when I upload pictures to a post or new thread, I get the following (if I turn the mod off their is no issue)
The screen opacity dims and an X button appears, Nothing else happens

Screen shot 2011-02-10 at 10.54.34 PM.webp

Hey Jaxel,

Love the new version but online users wont show up again when I add to the portal. It is turned on now. Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom