• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal)

Status
Not open for further replies.
can the date be removed easily by commenting out code in the portal pages?

screen-shot-2011-07-20-at-21-37-10-png.17115

referring to this ^^ so there is no date overlay on any of the news articles? I'd personally like to have this gone
CSS is your friend.

I'm trying to upgrade to the latest version. I've deleted the files in the EWRporta directory and uploaded the new ones. When I attempt to upgrade the .xml file I receive the following error: "Please enter a title using only a-z, A-Z, 0-9, _ and . characters".

Any ideas on what's happened and how I can fix?

I'm trying to upgrade to the latest version. I've deleted the files in the EWRporta directory and uploaded the new ones. When I attempt to upgrade the .xml file I receive the following error: "Please enter a title using only a-z, A-Z, 0-9, _ and . characters".

Any ideas on what's happened and how I can fix?
You must be putting invalid charecters? Just use the upload instead of a path, the xml file is in the package you downloaded. Browse to that directory and use the XML from there

You must be putting invalid charecters? Just use the upload instead of a path, the xml file is in the package you downloaded. Browse to that directory and use the XML from there
I tried using both options (install from uploaded file and install from file on the server) with the same result.

Right but is there a way to make it strictly www.example.net - If you do it through the options it adds /portal

No it doesn't...
Set as Index Controller Move forums to /forum/ and set /portal/ as the index.

With XF installed to your root folder, i.e. library, js, etc are in your public_html (or whatever) folder, then it'll move the forums to example.net/forums/ and have the portal page at example.net

No it doesn't...
Set as Index Controller Move forums to /forum/ and set /portal/ as the index.

With XF installed to your root folder, i.e. library, js, etc are in your public_html (or whatever) folder, then it'll move the forums to example.net/forums/ and have the portal page at example.net

Ah, I tried moving all of the files from public_html/forum to public_html but it doesn't work correctly. The forum won't appear on www.example.net - it just gives me an error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom