• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal)

Status
Not open for further replies.
In IE, the recent slider has a completely transparent background behind the text, making it unreadable when the image is bright. In Firefox the background is more opaque so the text can be read.

same problem with recent slider

masterchief need to atach to message the image with name slide.jpg it`s will apear on slider

This assumes you have recentnews already setup. if not let us know.

Administrate Modules and put the recent slider at the top (you don't want both the slider and accordion and IMO the slider is much nicer) and remember to click update.

Then if you go to a post in the forum you have recentnews set to read and attach a file called slide.jpeg that post will appear in the slider along with the image. (It only needs attaching, it doesn't actually need inserting into the post)

This assumes you have recentnews already setup. if not let us know.

Administrate Modules and put the recent slider at the top (you don't want both the slider and accordion and IMO the slider is much nicer) and remember to click update.

Then if you go to a post in the forum you have recentnews set to read and attach a file called slide.jpeg that post will appear in the slider along with the image. (It only needs attaching, it doesn't actually need inserting into the post)

nothing showing up in recent slider.....

You attached the image called slide.jpg? It needs to be named that.

yes.. the image replaces user avatar that normally gets placed in the message, but nothing output to recentslider.

UPDATE - I changed module cache time to NOW and everything is working

I noticed when I delete blocks as an admin, I have to go to customize this page' and click 'Revert All' before they are removed from view. Bug or something I have done?

Very, very new to this, just installed my XenForo an hour ago, added the Xenporta.
2 questions, sorry for my noobness....
- Why do I see 2 Home tabs?
- Can I configure the portal so that all users see it the same way? That 'admin' can modify the portal and the users see it his way?

Very, very new to this, just installed my XenForo an hour ago, added the Xenporta.
2 questions, sorry for my noobness....
- Why do I see 2 Home tabs?
- Can I configure the portal so that all users see it the same way? That 'admin' can modify the portal and the users see it his way?

ACP->Users->User Group Permissions->Administrative ... this is where you turn on/off permission for customizing portal.

ACP->Options->Basic Board Information.. make sure Home Page URL is blank.

Thanks, now the double 'Home' is gone!

I can customize the portal myself (admin)
But I would like everyone to see the same portal as the admin does. So no user can customize their portal, they just all see the same.

Is that possible?

But I would like everyone to see the same portal as the admin does. So no user can customize their portal, they just all see the same.

Is that possible?

they cannot customize it unless you give permission to a particular user group

HINT - create a user with a specific usergroup level to verify access and security setings.
all you have to do is logout of your opwn system to view visitor usergroup access. peace

Sorry for not making myself clear.
I don't want users to customize it.
I want admin to customize it. (that works)
But now users don't see anything on the portal page. I want them to see what admin sees, without giving them customize access.

Sorry for not making myself clear.
I don't want users to customize it.
I want admin to customize it. (that works)
But now users don't see anything on the portal page. I want them to see what admin sees, without giving them customize access.

ACP->Users->User Group Permissions-> check each usergroup make sure they can view the portal. updating my site right now so I cannot verify properly...

UPDATE - there is no setting in the usergroup permissions for viewing the portal page.

Is that possible?
Just dont give people permission to customize their portal... then it will all be the same.

BTW... new news design:
http://8wayrun.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom