• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal)

Status
Not open for further replies.
rich, it does that to me if i post something that is too short.
try posting something a couple paragraphs long

dieketzer, that is a good way for a workaround. But, it is a bug that we are referring to so that Jaxel can adjust it on the next version of the portal add-on :)

dieketzer, that is a good way for a workaround. But, it is a bug that we are referring to so that Jaxel can adjust it on the next version of the portal add-on :)
Yes just adding it to help! This has come a long way quick and I love it. A html box add on would kick butt.

Another styling issue comes when you try to place the latest threads module on the sidebar .... it "pushes" all of the dates and things on the main portion. See here:
noname-jpg.75

I know Jaxel uses Flexile.
I think making XenPorta work in as many styles as possible is important.
But for people who don't mind Flexile, it probably is the safest Style choice, as XenPorta is developed in that style.

I know Jaxel uses Flexile.
I think making XenPorta work in as many styles as possible is important.
But for people who don't mind Flexile, it probably is the safest Style choice, as XenPorta is developed in that style.

I know that Jaxel takes pride in his work and he'll have a fix for us soon.

It's important to have it working in all styles so that Jaxel doesn't get bombed with requests to fix the add-on :)

As soon as this portal is ready to go for us at TeeVeeTown we will be making a donation to Jaxel for his hard work (and the branding removal ;) )

youd think hed look at this in the default style before posting it.
ill investigate the problems in the morning

I wish the images could resized to fit the message or a user defined size value would avaliable:

sn7oZ.png

There are also some issues with my portal layout.

qZaqG.png

The portal layout issue is more related to the theme used, rather than xenporta.

Doesn't XenPorta use Flexile, I have the same theme ? I haven't made hard modifications to it, just a lite with the header image (logo) and thats just it. This problem does not occur on other themes though.

Portal news images could use some resizing too. It breaks the layout and it really looks uncomfortable.

Just noticed that this error/bug actually happens in Firefox only and it's not just when you place the latest threads module on the sidebar. The portal works in IE, Chrome and Safari, but not working in FF with those dates and replies styling issues.

Does anyone know how to fix that?

Another styling issue comes when you try to place the latest threads module on the sidebar .... it "pushes" all of the dates and things on the main portion. See here:
noname-jpg.75

Doesn't XenPorta use Flexile, I have the same theme ? I haven't made hard modifications to it, just a lite with the header image (logo) and thats just it. This problem does not occur on other themes though.

Portal news images could use some resizing too. It breaks the layout and it really looks uncomfortable.

No, xenporta doesn't use flexile technically speaking. It works with flexile. Add-ons should be designed to work with the default theme first(since 99% styles are based on the default). The fact that it doesn't look right in flexile, but looks good in other styles tells you right there that it is a style issue, not a xenporta issue.

I agree with the image resizing though.

No, xenporta doesn't use flexile technically speaking. It works with flexile. Add-ons should be designed to work with the default theme first(since 99% styles are based on the default). The fact that it doesn't look right in flexile, but looks good in other styles tells you right there that it is a style issue, not a xenporta issue.

I agree with the image resizing though.

I can live with the way it is but image resizing is a problem over all . Hope it gets implemented some day so it wouldn't break the message layout.

I can live with the way it is but image resizing is a problem over all . Hope it gets implemented some day so it wouldn't break the message layout.
Okay... I've made it so that images get resized to 100%. It will still cut off if it's near the avatar... but its your forum, you should handle your news better so it doesnt happen.

I have also changed it so that sidebar modules will retain their "sidebar" appearance in the left, center and right modules locations. The only spots which can't have sidebar appearance is the TOP and BOTTOM.
http://xen1.8wayrun.com/portal/

Yes... there is now a BOTTOM block...

Okay... I've made it so that images get resized to 100%. It will still cut off if it's near the avatar... but its your forum, you should handle your news better so it doesnt happen.

I have also changed it so that sidebar modules will retain their "sidebar" appearance in the left, center and right modules locations. The only spots which can't have sidebar appearance is the TOP and BOTTOM.
http://xen1.8wayrun.com/portal/

Yes... there is now a BOTTOM block...

Awesome :)

Are these for 1.0.6 or in the 1.0.5 that you have uploaded?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom