[8WR] XenPorta (Portal)

[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) 1.6.0

No permission to download
I know this is unmaintained, but has anyone noticed that for promoting threads for the Recent News, the Promotion Date is being (re)set to 1 January 1970?

Not being able to manually enter the date means that the only work-around is to use the date picker and tediously scroll month by month, all the way from January 1970 to the present.

If someone has encountered this issue and has a fix, please let me know!

Found the problem, and it was to do with the timezone.

In my particular case, my timezone is Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST). The issue is that the timezone being used in the promotion date is the abbreviation (AEST), as shown in EWRporta/ControllerPublic/Thread.php:

PHP:
$datetime = explode('.', $datetime->format('Y-m-d.h.i.A.T'));

T = Timezone abbreviation (ref: http://php.net/manual/en/function.date.php)

And when the promotion date gets written in EWRporta/Model/Promotes.php:

PHP:
$datetime = $input['date']." ".$input['time']." ".$input['ampm']." ".$input['zone'];

$dw->bulkSet(array(
                'thread_id' => $input['thread_id'],
                'promote_date' => strtotime($datetime),
                'promote_icon' => $input['promote_icon'],
            ));

The promote date is constructed via the 'strtotime' function which (for some reason) no longer likes the AEST abbreviation. It used to though! So whenever I was promoting threads, the 'strtotime' function was returning 0 (zero), which resulted in the epoch date of 1 January 1970.

To fix this, I changed the timezone from using the abbreviation to using the timezone identifier (Australia/Sydney), which 'strtotime' seems to be happy with. In file EWRporta/ControllerPublic/Thread.php, change the 'T' in the format to an 'e':

PHP:
$datetime = explode('.', $datetime->format('Y-m-d.h.i.A.e'));

I receive the error below at random and I don't understand why. Does anyone have a solution?

Code:
An exception occurred: Mysqli statement execute error : Incorrect arguments to mysqld_stmt_execute in /home/pdkzulaa/public_html/forums/library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php on line 214

[LIST=1]
[*]Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
[*]Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
[*]Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 734
[*]Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchAll() in EWRporta/Block/RecentNews.php at line 38
[*]EWRporta_Block_RecentNews->getModule() in EWRporta/Model/Blocks.php at line 116
[*]EWRporta_Model_Blocks->getBlockParams() in EWRporta/ViewPublic/Custom.php at line 71
[*]EWRporta_ViewPublic_Custom->renderHtml() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php at line 227
[*]XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php at line 71
[*]XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 586
[*]XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 158
[*]XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/pdkzulaa/public_html/forums/index.php at line 13
[/LIST]

Ok I am stump with Xenporta. I have two domain names. www.kgaviation.net and www.rcmayhem.net with one hosting account. If you go to www.rcmayhem.net it will take you to my forums. I am wanting it to show the xenporta page as shown in www.kgaviation.net. I talked to my hosting company and they talked me through about making a subdirectory which I did and when you go to www.rcmayhem.net it takes you to the forums with the address rcmayhem. Before on all the forum pages it showed kgaviation. Well I cant get the xenporta page to show like for example is shown on kgaviation.net. The hosting company said I need to change something in the admin page of the forums. I thought it was under options and basic board information but seem to cant get it figured out. Any ideas?

This is probably the world's stupidest question but as an absolute newbie, I have no idea how to go about doing any of this:

• upload the contents of the attached zip to your XF root
  • install from file on server: "library/EWRporta/addon-EWRporta.xml"
  • set options for the portal in administration control panel
  • set usergroup permissions for administration rights
Would anyone be kind (and patient enough) to talk me through this? I've literally just set up my first website this weekend an I frankly have no idea what I'm doing! Thanks in anticipation.

This is probably the world's stupidest question but as an absolute newbie, I have no idea how to go about doing any of this:

• upload the contents of the attached zip to your XF root
  • install from file on server: "library/EWRporta/addon-EWRporta.xml"
  • set options for the portal in administration control panel
  • set usergroup permissions for administration rights
Would anyone be kind (and patient enough) to talk me through this? I've literally just set up my first website this weekend an I frankly have no idea what I'm doing! Thanks in anticipation.
I'm somewhat familiar with Xenporta, what are you trying to do?

I can't upload the files; js, library and styles. I can get as far as identifying the root but when I click upload I can't select all and get them across. Fos some reason I can only select one folder at a time and even then I keep having to open up one folder after another until I ge to the the files. Even then I can only upload one at a time. What am I doing wrong? Thanks!

I can't upload the files; js, library and styles. I can get as far as identifying the root but when I click upload I can't select all and get them across. Fos some reason I can only select one folder at a time and even then I keep having to open up one folder after another until I ge to the the files. Even then I can only upload one at a time. What am I doing wrong? Thanks!

How are you uploading the files..? Are you uploading the files via ftp..?

I've managed to do it now. Well, that's a lie, my host server people did it for me as I just couldn't upload the files. I wasn't using FTP, I'm a complete rookie when it comes to this sort of thing so finding it all a bit of a struggle to be honest.Now that I've got the portal up and running, I've now found that it's not really what I want in that I wanted a free text box where I could say a little bit about the site and where it came from as well as the normal blocks. Will I need to upgrade to get this?

Hello all,

I am having an issue on 1.4.8 with version 1.6.0 of this addon where I am unable to drag and drop the plugins in my portal template editor.

Top Bottom