• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8WayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal & Lite Wiki)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Digital Doctor... that actually doesn't do it.

What that mod does is direct the user to a specific NODE, if no node is defined. The pages in this mod are not the same as the pages in XenForo; they are not part of the XenForo node structure.

Couldn't you hard code the home tab to point to the Portal url and then hide the Portal tab? Wouldn't this make the portal look and feel like the 'home page'?

Jamie

Any plans on having this be in the root, while the forum be in the subdirectory? This was an issue with vb's CMS.

Also, in your demo there's a navigation block to the right. Is there a way to customize this so that it goes to specific areas of the site? Or is it limited to referencing created pages from the portal?

Regardless, thanks for this. It's on my watch list.

/installed

Remember, I am unemployed programmer and this modification is free! If you appreciate the work I do here, please feel free to donate. A donation of $30 (or more) earns you the right to remove the copyright for this mod from a single installation.
I'm sure I'm not alone when I say that I'm more than happy to pay more for a polished product that is more like a feature rich CMS. I do realize that this will take quite a bit of work. But I think you have an advantage here since you are the first and only to have developed a portal thus far. ;)

dont do what puertoblack said... I am fixing it right now

lol i found that out it left the code in sql. Ok i fixed it on my end.I reverted back to old version before uploading the new file.I upgraded it with the xml file then i uploaded the new files.everything is working..

lol i found that out it left the code in sql. Ok i fixed it on my end.I reverted back to old version before uploading the new file.I upgraded it with the xml file then i uploaded the new files.everything is working..
You should ALWAYS upload the files before you run the upgrade script. XenForo's install/upgrade/uninstall process is very different from vBulletin. Install information is now stored in files, instead of the XML, so if you dont upload before you install, you will be installing with old information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom