• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Module Add-Ons)

I haven't been able to find this mentioned previously so I apologies if it has.

Is there a way to restrict the media shown in the XenMedio Recent Media block to a specific Category?

How do you get these modules?

It will help you immensely to read all thirty eight pages. Hint their was a major version change making many of the first modules no longer work. Most of the new modules are already part of your download however you have to manually load/install them. For whatever reason when you install Xenportal it doesn't install all the modules that are present. Reading will way help though (it's a faster read then you think)

Hello. I would like to change the animations of the slider´s Pics as shown in this Demo´s.
Because i have no idea where to change and how to change the js File(s) i am asking for some help here.
Maybe any can help me with that and probably some others are interested too.
Thanks a lot

Code:
ErrorException: Undefined index: forum - library\EWRporta\ControllerPublic\Forum.php:14
Generated By: Unknown Account, 3 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 C:\sites\-\library\EWRporta\ControllerPublic\Forum.php(14): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', 'C:\sites\mymine...', 14, Array)
#1 C:\sites\-\library\XenForo\FrontController.php(310): EWRporta_ControllerPublic_Forum->actionIndex()
#2 C:\sites\-\library\XenForo\FrontController.php(132): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#3 C:\sites\-\index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#4 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(45) "http://-/forums/-/index.rss"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

edit: oops wrong thread.

I've just updated to 1.5.1 from <1.5 and I'm trying to figure out how to use this properly and update all my custom blocks but it's such a pain trying to trawl through this thread.

I tried using Bobans HTML block to recreate some of my old ones and I think I made a mistake the first time as it didn't load.

So I edit the HTML in the XML file and an try to reinstall but it won't let me (it used to just write over the previous block when you reuploaded)

I uninstalled the block and try to reupload the edited one, but now I get an error saying 'Template titles must be unique. The specified title is already in use.'

EDIT: NVM, manged to delete it

Appearance ->Styles -> Templates

Edit EWRblock_HtmlBlock template, insert a HTML code you want :)

Text block example:

Code:
<div class="section">
    <div class="secondaryContent" id="HtmlBlock">
        <h3>Homer Simpson Quotes</h3>
        <div>
          <p>Facts are meaningless - you could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true!<br /> Homer</p>
        </div>
    </div>
</div>

I want to make multiple HTML blocks using boban's base and I was wondering if anyone could explain which bits of the xml file need editing to make a new instance?
I've tried a few different variations, uploaded, edited the new template and it doesn't appear on my portal so I think I'm doing something wrong. This is what I'm editing:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<block block_id="HtmlBlock" title="Html Block" version_string="1.0.0" version_id="1" url="" install_callback_class="" install_callback_method="" uninstall_callback_class="" uninstall_callback_method="" cache="now">
  <admin_templates/>
  <listeners/>
  <options/>
  <phrases/>
  <route_prefixes/>
  <templates>
    <template title="EWRblock_HtmlBlock"><![CDATA[<div class="messageText ugc baseHtml">
    <div class="secondaryContent">

<h3>Homer Simpson Quotes</h3>
<p>Facts are meaningless - you could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true!<br /> Homer</p>

</div>]]></template>
  </templates>
</block>

Thanks

I want to make multiple HTML blocks .... ... which bits of the xml file need editing to make a new instance?

Red - unique name, no empty space
Blue (optional) - meaningful title
Green - Your HTML
version_string, version_id - do not worry about that :)

<block block_id="HtmlBlock" title="Html Block" version_string="1.0.0" version_id="1" url="" install_callback_class="" install_callback_method="" uninstall_callback_class="" uninstall_callback_method="" cache="now">
<admin_templates/>
<listeners/>
<options/>
<phrases/>
<route_prefixes/>
<templates>
<template title="EWRblock_HtmlBlock"><![CDATA[<div class="messageText ugc baseHtml"> <div class="secondaryContent"> <h3>Homer Simpson Quotes</h3> <p>Facts are meaningless - you could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true!<br /> Homer</p> </div>]]></template>
</templates>
</block>

Is there a complete list of compatible modules that are still working? I'd hate to install something that's borked.

It will help you immensely to read all thirty eight pages. Hint their was a major version change making many of the first modules no longer work. Most of the new modules are already part of your download however you have to manually load/install them. For whatever reason when you install Xenportal it doesn't install all the modules that are present. Reading will way help though (it's a faster read then you think)

Ok so trying to re-work the php block system. My current php block outputs lines from a sql table.

I now want it to grab categories i have from my sql table and also their subcategorys, any idea how i would do that?

So right now I have this;
PHP:
<?php

class EWRporta_Block_Articles extends XenForo_Model
{
    public function getModule()
    {
        $mystuff = $this->_getDb()->fetchAll('SELECT * FROM `articles_category` ORDER BY `category_name` ASC');

foreach ($mystuff as &$stuff)
        {

$stuff = array(
            'one' => $stuff['category_name']
            );

}

return $mystuff;
    }
}

Which would just output
Line 1
Line 2
Line 3 etc

I now want
Line1
-Line1 subs
Line2
-Line2 sub
etc

I have the query here which will do it;
Code:
SELECT
    top.category_id as top_id,
    top.category_name as top_name,
    top.category_parent as top_parent,
    sub.category_id as sub_id,
    sub.category_name as sub_name,
    sub.category_parent as sub_parent
FROM
    `articles_category` top
LEFT JOIN
    articles_category sub ON sub.category_parent = top.category_id
WHERE
    top.category_parent = 0
ORDER BY
    top.category_name, sub.category_name

I just need someone to help me write the xenporta block to echo it out correctly.

Anyone got any ideas? I seriously don't get a lot of how xenporta and xenforo work :(

Will chuck someone a donation if they can figure it out for me.

Anyone made an Adsense 2 block? Tried editing the first one to different values and it seemed to kill the first block - The block appears, but the ad doesn't. Going into the config of the block, the params are now missing. I'm guessing it's some sort of conflict..... Any ideas?

I'm after some help with custom blocks - if anyone can help I'll send a £10 donation via Paypal for some beers. PM me if you can.

Anyone made an Adsense 2 block? Tried editing the first one to different values and it seemed to kill the first block - The block appears, but the ad doesn't. Going into the config of the block, the params are now missing. I'm guessing it's some sort of conflict..... Any ideas?

I'm after some help with custom blocks - if anyone can help I'll send a £10 donation via Paypal for some beers. PM me if you can.

This block has not been tested, I am not using AdSense, but if it works for you then link is here Donations: http://www.8wayrun.com/xenforo/

Attachments

This block has not been tested, I am not using AdSense, but if it works for you then link is here Donations: http://www.8wayrun.com/xenforo/

Thanks for your efforts. I now see the parameters for this adsense block, to enter my ad ID, but still no ad shows in the box.

Is there some sort of conflict going on here? Anyone managed to have more than one adsense block enabled? I had it working on the old version of XenPorta (Blocks, not modules) - but this new system seems a pain in the backside.

MediaRecentComments

Show the last x Comments of your XenMedia Users. Number can be set in the block options.

Feel free to do whatever you want to do with this block addon. I don't claim any rights.
If you like it and you want to donate, donate to jaxel.

Not much to say, just enjoy it :)

Attachments

MediaRecentComments

Show the last x Comments of your XenMedia Users. Number can be set in the block options.

Feel free to do whatever you want to do with this block addon. I don't claim any rights.
If you like it and you want to donate, donate to jaxel.

Not much to say, just enjoy it :)
works great, thank you very much (y)

Okay so using the php block template i so far have this now after hours of headaches (why oh why does xenporta/xenforo have to use such difficult functions and syntax to work with?! :().

I have this now;
PHP:
class EWRporta_Block_Articles extends XenForo_Model
{
    public function getModule()
    {
        $mystuff = $this->_getDb()->fetchAll(
        'SELECT
            top.category_id as top_id,
            top.category_name as top_name,
            top.category_parent as top_parent,
            sub.category_id as sub_id,
            sub.category_name as sub_name,
            sub.category_parent as sub_parent
        FROM
            `articles_category` top
        LEFT JOIN
            articles_category sub ON sub.category_parent = top.category_id
        WHERE
            top.category_parent = 0
        ORDER BY
            top.category_name, sub.category_name
        ');

foreach ($mystuff as &$stuff)
        {
            $stuff = array(
            'one' => $stuff['top_name']
            );
        }

return $mystuff;
    }
}
That will get every top category where there is no parent "parent = 0" but i also want it to get the "sub" for each "top" if that makes sense to anyone.

In normal php i could easily just echo out the top and then sub straight after by checking if its set, but i have no idea how to do it using the arrays shown in the php block example.

The sql works perfectly and in normal php i could do this;

Any help would be great.

Top Bottom