• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenMedio (Media)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi EQNobile,

Ahh you have the premium addon. Unfortunatley I dont. I didnt even know there was an option for local video? But if you paid for the addon then I suggest you send Jaxel a private message and when he has time he will look into it for you. Wish i could be of more help sorry. I know you mentioned you followed all instructions, does that include the instructions in the first post?

Code:
Local video hosting supports the following formats: FLV, F4V, M4V and MP4 through HTML5/Flash fallback. It also supports WMV though Silverlight. In order to host a video locally, you must upload the video file into your "data/media/" directory, and then simply use "local:filename.ext" as the submission URL.

Ill be looking into getting this module now. I just pmed Jaxel. So if i get it up and running ill let you know and see if I can help you.

Local video hosting supports the following formats:
- FLV, F4V, M4V and MP4 through HTML5/Flash fallback, WMV though Silverlight.

In order to host a video locally,
- you must upload the video file into your "data/media/" directory, and
- then simply use "local:filename.ext" as the submission URL.

Q: What local:filename.ext are you using ? Did you try every option ?
local:/data/media/list.mp4
local:list.mp4
etc.

Try: Temporarily put the permissions to "allow everything for everyone".

Jaxel doesn't use local files much at all / ever ?
I wouldn't keep trying stuff, as it very well could be a bug.

well the local videos work in the medio pages they just don't play in the overlay in the thread they auto create.

well the local videos work in the medio pages they just don't play in the overlay in the thread they auto create.
No... they wouldn't...

Local videos (as well as NicoVideo) are loaded using the javascript loader, instead of the object/embed loader. I could change the flash/html5 loader into an object/embed loader, but I can't change the silverlight loader. This issue is because you can't realistically load javascript, from within a javascript (ajax); a workaround must be written into the original javascript ajax call (the XenForo Overlay Trigger).

This is an issue I solved with the VB4 version, but because of how XF is heavily dependant on jQuery, I'm at a loss on how to fix it in XenForo.

Besides the overlay issue, are their any other issues that you are having? I've been sick for the past week, thats why I've been so quiet.

In case you're wondering how I solved this issue in VB4 (it appeared in the submit form, since the VB4 submit form was AJAX; I decided not to make the XF submit for AJAX)... I added this to my submit javascript:

Code:
function parseScript(_source)
{
    var source = _source;
    var scripts = new Array();

// Strip out tags
    while(source.indexOf("<script") > -1 || source.indexOf("</script") > -1) {
        var s = source.indexOf("<script");
        var s_e = source.indexOf(">", s);
        var e = source.indexOf("</script", s);
        var e_e = source.indexOf(">", e);

// Add to scripts array
        scripts.push(source.substring(s_e+1, e));
        // Strip from source
        source = source.substring(0, s) + source.substring(e_e+1);
    }

// Loop through every script collected and eval it
    for(var i=0; i<scripts.length; i++) {
        try {
            eval(scripts[i]);
        }
        catch(ex) {
            // do what you want here when a script fails
        }
    }

// Return the cleaned source
    return source;
}

Then, instead of replacing the AJAX call with $content, I would replace it with parseScript($content). What the parseScript function did, was search the new content for any <script> calls, add them to an array, then evaluate each one of them. Then of course, returned the result.

If you could somehow convince Kier or Mike to add this little function to the XenForo OverlayTrigger, then everything will be magically fixed retroactively, and for the future if any other mods plan on using javascript the same way. I honestly think the way I've handled media embedding in XenMedio is FAR better than simply building an object/embed directly into a webpage. So I wouldn't be surprised if they give this some thought.

Local videos will not play in the media created thread due to a Javascript limitation

I don't think many people knew about this.
Could you add this fact / limitation to your first post ?

If you could somehow convince Kier or Mike to add this little function to the XenForo OverlayTrigger, then everything will be magically fixed retroactively, and for the future if any other mods plan on using javascript the same way. I honestly think the way I've handled media embedding in XenMedio is FAR better than simply building an object/embed directly into a webpage. So I wouldn't be surprised if they give this some thought.

Have you asked for this yet ? Is there a thread ?

Jaxel, as a workaround, for local files, could you make it clear to the admin and the user that embedded local images will not play - and just supply a generic image which has a link to the Medio page for those that want to view it ?

No... they wouldn't...

Local videos (as well as NicoVideo) are loaded using the javascript loader, instead of the object/embed loader. I could change the flash/html5 loader into an object/embed loader, but I can't change the silverlight loader. This issue is because you can't realistically load javascript, from within a javascript (ajax); a workaround must be written into the original javascript ajax call (the XenForo Overlay Trigger).

This is an issue I solved with the VB4 version, but because of how XF is heavily dependant on jQuery, I'm at a loss on how to fix it in XenForo.

Besides the overlay issue, are their any other issues that you are having? I've been sick for the past week, thats why I've been so quiet.
nah pretty much my only issue and everything else works great the way you intended it to
Well I hope you get better soon and drink fluids with electrolytes.

This is a rambling, I will do this now and again.
Do you think until that java/ajax issue gets ironed out, we can have the auto generate thread make an embedded player container directly in the thread, honestly I really am not to concerned right now about the "bling" of an overlay at this point I really just want it to generate the threads automatically and work, I'm not against it if a workaround is capable to later add the option in EWRmedio options section to allow the admin to select whether the video embeds inside the thread directly or if the container gets loaded in an overlay this way it can accommodate more site-owner's themes and layout principles.

I was also wondering if you had a preference with longtail jwplayer, or is it just what it is period. I ask because I have a very easy time (and you know the pittance that is my skill level already) using jquery with flowplayer and the overlay player is fully documented :) (for me this is how I have been learning) to do just what your trying to accomplish. Also flowplayer is much easier for me anyways, to customize and utilize in many different ways as far as custom playlist styles and splash images and logos ( this is what I'm playing with now as well as getting my uploader I just finished (have a few more statements to make but it's probably going to keep on changing until I finally figure out all the wrong things that I'm doing only leaving the correct.) Blah that was my ramblings and I hope something gives. I need to sleep. You should too.

[8wayRun.Com] XenMedio (Media) v1.2.0 CHANGELOG
  • Link construction has been normalized.
  • Sitemap has been REMOVED; it has been moved over to another project.
  • BBcode parsing has been rewritten in order to support it better.

Jaxel,

I have installed it and works fine except for the MEDIA tab that's missing. What could be wrong with me?
media.webp

Okay.. reverting navigation template works.. Thanks a lot iTuN3r and a bunch to Jaxel for this mod.

Edit: I just noticed the media links given in the thread is not correct. It starts from index.php like this

http://index.php/?media/rock-banddark-r3ign-wmv.1/

This is the case everywhere it is suppose to redirect to the particular media. Be it the keywords, or the comments given on the videos. Is there anything i should be doing from my ACP?

my forum is slightly narrower than normal, where can i find the code to make the youtube vid 600px wide instead of 640px?

thanks

Hope someone can help here! I just realised this and I am unsure if this is a bug or if its just me?

Please check out the following link. All appears fine but try and view the video through the link in the post. ALL of the links, keywords, video links etc point to http://media/ etc etc so I get all these 404 errors.

http://mmazone.com.au/community/threads/media-ufc-125-open-workout-video.44/

Am i the only one with this issue? And if so does anyone know how I can fix it urgently?? My site just went live today!! Thanks guys

I can watch the video fine in the popup.
If I click on (click here to watch and comment) though, this URL tries to load http://media/ufc-125-open-workout-video.33/

There seems to be a problem with the relative path.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom