• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenHabla (IRC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great job Jaxel! We're still developing flash.vbirc.com to accommodate a range of flash and applet clients for irc and non-irc. I will certainly recommend this to users who are interested in a mibbit alternative.

[8wayRun.Com] XenHabla (IRC) v1.0.1 CHANGELOG
  • Added the option to select the CDN for the Flash Client. By default you use the flash client stored on your server. With an option, you can now select to use the flash client stored on the lightIRC server.

For some reason the emotions aren't being displayed. Any idea's? (Yes, they have permission)

Capture.webp

In order to do remote authentication, you would need to set up your own IRC server. GeekShed is a public server, so this is simply not possible.

I've never used IRC before and was hoping to use the chat solution on my site. Like others, the remote authentication is an issue for me. Hoping you can answer an IRC questions in this area for me:

Having unique usernames which mirror my site is critical for my members. If another user takes a members username there is a potential for fraud which will come up at some point. I noticed the IRC automatically pulls in the usernames from my site. For example I automatically was signed in as "admin" but that name was taken.

My question is, can a prefix be added in for my site to make our names unique? For example my site name is terapvp.com so can I automatically be logged in as Tera-admin? and then all users would be Tera-user? If so, can the usernames then be locked in so users can't change them AND so that no one else on the IRC can create a name with the "Tera-" prefix?

Otherwise I'll need to look at a different solution.

I've never used IRC before and was hoping to use the chat solution on my site. Like others, the remote authentication is an issue for me. Hoping you can answer an IRC questions in this area for me:

Having unique usernames which mirror my site is critical for my members. If another user takes a members username there is a potential for fraud which will come up at some point. I noticed the IRC automatically pulls in the usernames from my site. For example I automatically was signed in as "admin" but that name was taken.

My question is, can a prefix be added in for my site to make our names unique? For example my site name is terapvp.com so can I automatically be logged in as Tera-admin? and then all users would be Tera-user? If so, can the usernames then be locked in so users can't change them AND so that no one else on the IRC can create a name with the "Tera-" prefix?

Otherwise I'll need to look at a different solution.
that's just not how irc works. Unless you run your own server, you have to run the public policy.

Its seems not to support native characters - so its we use another language but english it is no good.. Any change that it can supports fx. danish native characters ø æ å Ø Æ Å ? ..

And the language defined in ACP / Options / XenHabla does not load - Must be set something in the forum I have registered on geekshed.net before the Danish language is loaded ?

Wish:

1. A options in backend to choose either flash or text mode irc on website. The text mode supports native characters ..
2. Permission - I dont want guest to access and use chat.

Its seems not to support native characters - so its we use another language but english it is no good.. Any change that it can supports fx. danish native characters ø æ å Ø Æ Å ? ..
Problems with non english characters is a problem with Flash itself... more people need to complain to Adobe.

What/where to replace to use to following code that support danish and native danish characters:

Code:
<iframe src="http://lightirc.com/start/?host=irc.geekshed.net&autojoin=%23bredymer&language=da&showNickSelection=true&styleURL=css%2Fblue.css&nick=%5BDHF_%25%5D" style="width:1024px; height:600px;"></iframe>

[8wayRun.Com] XenHabla (IRC) v1.0.2 CHANGELOG
  • Added support for a MIBBIT CDN! If you prefer to use Mibbit, you now can select it in your admin CP.
Why would you want to use Mibbit over lightIRC?
Mibbit uses AJAX, not Flash or Java. If your preferred IRC network does not support a Flash Policy Daemon, then you CAN'T use lightIRC. As well, if you have the use for many non-standard language characters, they may not show up correctly in lightIRC.​
These problems are NOT the fault of lightIRC, but the fault of Adobe Flash itself. Hopefully Adobe is working on fixing the issues; but seeing that there STILL isn't an x64 version of Flash, don't count on it.​
Why would you want to use lightIRC over Mibbit?
Flash is beautiful and easy to use. Not to mention, the lightIRC client has no advertisements on it, while the Mibbit client is supported by a periodically cyling leaderboard advert which takes of a lot of room on your chat screen.​
In order to customize the style and settings of your chat room if you are using Mibbit, you must create an account at the Mibbit Widget Manager, and apply your settings there. After creating your account, you will be given a long "hash SettingsID" that you will put into the "Mibbit SettingsID" field in your adminCP. Through the Mibbit Widget Manager, you can even pay for the "premium plan" and have the advertisement removed.​

What/where to replace to use to following code that support danish and native danish characters:

Code:
<iframe src="http://lightirc.com/start/?host=irc.geekshed.net&autojoin=%23bredymer&language=da&showNickSelection=true&styleURL=css%2Fblue.css&nick=%5BDHF_%25%5D" style="width:1024px; height:600px;"></iframe>
huh? There is a language option built into this mod... select Danish; it will do exactly what this code above does.

As suggested above, being able to prefix a username by default would be nice as common names on IRC will already be taken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom